• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

Blackbook value of a newer used NSX

Let's say I'm interested in a 2002-05 NSX with say...under 40K kms. Anyone know what kind of black book value the MTO would throw at me for taxes?

Just curious... :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Isn't it based on purchase price? If its anything like mpi they look at purchase price and book value and tax you on whichever is higher. I'm going to assume the book value will be lower then your purchase price unless you are getting a smoking deal. I think Canadian book values are alot less then the American NADA values or whatever they use. Although Ontario could be different.... I just posted cause I wanna see pics and more info on this newer used NSX! :D

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Last edited:
What? No link? :)

Hmmm...do you guys think the MTO has no data for a 2002+ NSX resale?

When I registered my CR, since it was a US spec model, the MTO had nothing on it, so I could pencil in whatever I said I paid for the car and they accepted it. You think it's the same deal here? Anyone register a 2002+ US NSX in Ontario lately?

Hi Guys...
When I imported my car all the taxes were based on the sales contract
which i was given when I purchased the car...
that is all they want to see at the border...

Not some fake one,:eek: some guy from your high-school reunion said you could get away with...

If they smell any "funny business" they will screw you to the wall
and laugh at you on their lunch brake!!!:biggrin:
Yes make sure you give them the REAL BILL of SALE..
Pay your tax and enjoy the Best car you will ever own!!!

Gary:smile:

What's with all the screw to the wall references? Anyhow, just askin. Doesn't mean I'll do it :rolleyes:

This is a landed us car, already here.

Black book shows $40k, so looks like $5600 tax. Sweet Jebus...

Hmmm...do you guys think the MTO has no data for a 2002+ NSX resale?

When I registered my CR, since it was a US spec model, the MTO had nothing on it, so I could pencil in whatever I said I paid for the car and they accepted it. You think it's the same deal here? Anyone register a 2002+ US NSX in Ontario lately?

Good luck with that

The value I penciled in for the CR was what I paid. I'm a good haggler :)
Bram don't like jokes
;)

Last edited:
The MTO has no value listed on the UVIP so they base the tax on the receipt you received. Many rare cars have no price listing with them. That being said I wouldn't mess with them.

Last edited:
If this involves the border, do not mess around because when I crossed, they wanted to see everything and at every step of the way they tried to catch me lying - simple things like "surely you had to give the seller a deposit so he'd hold the car for you", at EVERY step (including the girl who I got directions from in the parking lot).

Ontario - I think that whatever you write down will be higher than the number they cross check it against.

Say what ever you want, was just trying to help you...

You are trying to f*@k the Govt by not paying taxes and you calling me a DOUCHE...

Perhaps I should drop an email to MTO with a link to this thread with your contact info

Then you can call me what ever you want...

Bram

The value I penciled in for the CR was what I paid. I'm a good haggler :)
Bram's a douche[/B]
;)

Last edited:
OMG it was posted on the internet, it must be true!

Easy big guy. It was a joke (thus the *wink*)

;) ;) ;)

one more:
;)

Last edited:
Back