• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Blower Motor - Works intermittently but rarely

Basically i have had no aircon for almost a year and about to give up trying to fix it.
I have done the transisitor assay, CCU all the fuses and relays. It works maybe once every few months just to frustrate me. Can anyone please have any ideas what to do. I know once i give up and drop it off to Honda they will just do all the things i have already done and charge me fortune.
Thanks in advance.

Have you actually pulled off the blower motor box and motor? Years ago, mine was intermittent too. So I pulled it apart, cleaned out all the dust and debris, cleaned the contacts and armature and made sure all the connections were tight as I buttoned it back up. Has worked like it's supposed to, ever since.

Thanks for the feedback, though I did give it a good clean and also cleaned up the condenser while it was out. It did not help at all unfortunately. Was surpised how much crap had built up in the condenser over the years.

dablackgoku1234 raises an excellent point.

In the absence of any other symptoms, intermittent operation sounds like a bad electrical connection. However, before making any specific suggestions for repair, I recommend that you get a copy of the service manual from the Prime wiki and go through the test procedures for the climate control system. The test procedures are pretty well thought out and should help you narrow down the scope of the problem.

Last night i did the climate control test procedure and no alarms were present. Just to clear things up it is only the blower motor that does not work.
All other aspects work fine.

About the only thing i have not replaced is the actual blower motor, as it does sometimes works. I think i will order another one so this can be definatley eliminated.

Here is a quick test. Put a jumper across the terminals of the blower Hi relay (not the blower relay) from the black/blue to the black wire. This should short out the relay contacts and apply 12v directly to the blower motor. The ignition switch needs to be in the run position for this test to work. You can also do this by connecting the black/blue wire on the blower motor directly to ground. Use whichever method is easier. This completely bypasses the CCU control of the blower and the blower should run at max speed. If the blower does not run at max speed, then the blower motor is toast or you have a blown fuse or bad connection in the supply to the blower motor.

I have attached the wiring diagram for the blower motor and relay so that you can see what I am suggesting.

Last edited:
Back