• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Blown enginge with ZEX Dry N20?

Hi.

Anyone ever trashed their engine using a ZEX dry kit setup in the NSX?
I got a -91 with 5k miles with a ZEX dry kit and 75 shot setup, changed plugs, air filter, sport exhaust, and i sometime get the Check Engine light.
I have checked the plugs for dry/wet setting but can not detect any errors.
I have checked the fuel filter without finding any errors (also monitor the fuelpressure)
After not even running one ful bottle of gas, I am worried about the engine but do not know what to do.

Any ideas? experiences?

Regards

Exactly... check engine light does not mean your engine is blown. If it was, it would not even run close to normal. You probably have a bd sensor somewhere.

Hi and thanx - I will check the error codes.

I did not consider my enginge ruined due to the "check engine" light, but was questioning if I should consider this a warning and a risk of a blown engine.
Therefore - if anyone with the same setup had experience about this, I would like to get that information.

Regards

Hi and thanx - I will check the error codes.

I did not consider my enginge ruined due to the "check engine" light, but was questioning if I should consider this a warning and a risk of a blown engine.
Therefore - if anyone with the same setup had experience about this, I would like to get that information.

Regards

If you cannot 'consider' the risk of a blown engine by using nitrous, you shouldn't be doing it. This isn't a 2k engine any mechanic can replace. Unless you have a thoroughly tested and tested and tested FI unit like the comptech SC setup, you are risking problems if you don't have experienced experts helping every step of the way.

Not to be harsh, but if you don't understand what a CEL is you have no business using nitrous on the car. I have alot of experience w/ juice, and I have never been one to consider a dry setup as safe as wet, even if it's a 75-shot. This is not a cheap engine to replace, and there are several peripherals that should be used to help ensure longevity of the motor, a window switch and hobbs fuel press switch being two of them.

I had a NOS dry system 70 shot, that kept running lean on the dyno, then converted it to a wet 75hp and been loving it for the last 4 years. My advice to u is to convert it to wet and run a step colder spark plug. I would not advise anyone to run a dry NOS kit over a 60hp shot

Swede, remove the n20 from your car. I warned you to use a bottle warmer(are you?) that would account for the lack of power post you made.
and what the hell is wrong with you posting blown motor due to a check engine warning, take a valium. BTW was it a check light or TPS light that came on? THIS IS IMPORTANT-pull your codes and then look in the correct section of your service man or online man for indication

the TPS light can come on if you mounted the nozzle before the MAP and thats what thats about. hell even tire spin can cause a speed sensor to light up TPS if you DID NOT TURN IT OF,DID YOU HAVE TPS OFF?

pull codes and get back to us. BTW

You did not blow your motor on a 75 shot of n20 one time. your plugs would show it right away,you would have seen metal flake all over them. SO RELAX BRO! pull codes and I will help you sort it out.

I have not been around been real sick with my heart and have sold my X so I am heart broken in addition to dying hehe gotto play the cards your handed. but you have some good cards....learn how to play em or fold. I promise I will help you get things sorted out but calm down son.

best regards david

Back