• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Blown opportunity

Lost out on 2 local vehicals. I dont know if I am overly cautious but I have lost out on two vehicals that I am kicking myself for. These car are sold within 1 -4 days after they are for sale but I have noticed in other areas, I see the same cars in autotrader for weeks. In order not to waste anyones time, I view the vehicle myself and if the vehicle looks decent I send the vehicle information to my credit union to insure they will not be any issues with the vehicle and I also schedule a mechanic to view the vehicle. But by the time I get my guy to take a look at the vehicle, its sold :mad: . I guess there are a lot of nsx enthusiast in Florida. I am now to the point were I am looking out of state again. Can someone tell me if cars between 77,000-98,000 miles with an asking price of 24-25k is a great deal that needs to be jumped on immediately or is this just a high demand in Florida? Also, it seems like there are fewer nsx's available which is really getting me nervous. Ebay usually list 12-14 and now I just see 6. Is there something going on with the demand for NSX's that I am not aware of or is this just an isolated issue in Florida? I am trying to follow advice of other members and be patient but its getting difficult.

What is a Vehical? I guess spelling and punctuation is not one of the "skillz" that your username suggests? :biggrin:

Anyway I am just joking with you, its been said over and over here that you can't get a clean NSX for much under 30K. So if you see a good one at 25 and are waiting for a better deal, then yes the car is going to sell.

NSX's become more rare each day... a lot of members here, including myself have bought cars out of state. You are lucky to find any local, but I'd be searching the country not just my neighborhood.

The demand for sports cars always increases in the spring and tapers back off in the fall. I agree with TURBO2GO, you need to spend 30K to get a decent car...the ones that stay on autotrader for months have issues.

There may still be a white 93 at Motorsports of Scottsdale (Lambo dealer) to check out. Try looking at the inventory at
http://www.motorsportsofscottsdale.com/. Can call and talk to Ros or Javad over there for particulars... Tim.

I live in Phoenix and have had 2 people from Florida contact me about my car... maybe Florida is just short?

I know several people here in California that bought their NSX from someone in Florida (including myself.) Maybe that's why Florida has so few :biggrin:

You have to perceive the NSX in the same light as a Ferrari - thus, they are rare and hard to come buy locally! I jumped at the opportunity to buy mine when it came up 45 minutes from where I lived. As for the price and the mileage - most high mileage NSXs run about 25,000 - and that is without having the timing belt done or the water pump and all seals.

dam:cool:

Funny, I just bought my 2002 from a dealer in Florida. Had I known there was a shortage of NSXs down there, I'd have driven my '91 out there and put it up for sale. :smile: As it stands, it's been up for sale here in New Mexico for about a month (just advertised yesterday here on Prime and Autotrader).

Like others say, you'll be lucky to find a good NSX in the 25K range. If I were you and you can afford it, I'd up your price range to at least 30K. You'll then be able to look at lower-mile NSXs, in better shape, and with all of the scheduled maintenance already done.

Becareful out there! There are a lot of scams that are listing NSX for bargain prices on Ebay, Craigslist, AutoTrader, etc. Do your due diligence and use your common sense.

Prime is a great resource, and you should consider posting cars you are intrested in here before you buy it. Chances are someone here knows the history of that car.

Don't kick yourself too hard. You will find the one for you. It took me almost a year to find a Sebring Silver in great shape. I had to fly to Colorado from Chicago to get it. I am happy that I was patient and did not make a rash decision.

Since you've been looking for awhile, now you know exactly what you are looking for. This is good.

I agree with the others. 24-26K for an NSX under 100k is going to be a marginal example of a car. The extra 3k that you spend for the right one will be well worth it. I'm assuming you are after a 91-93 when I make this statement.

Some people think I overpaid for mine. 29k for a 1991 with 112k on the clock.

The car's PPI came out excellent, plus it had some things done to it that were bonuses for me:

$9k paint job back to original color.
Upgraded rims.
SOS stereo system
WW kit
02' Valence.

The point is, patience is key. You'll get her in due time...:smile:

There may still be a white 93 at Motorsports of Scottsdale (Lambo dealer) to check out. Try looking at the inventory at
http://www.motorsportsofscottsdale.com/. Can call and talk to Ros or Javad over there for particulars... Tim.

Be sure to ask them about if the car has had any accidents, because from the pictures it looks like the bumper have both had paint work. The emblem on the front bumper is upside down, and the lower valence on the rear is painted white, as was the top (which was previously black). Of course this could all be cosmetic if the previous owner wanted to 'white out' the black parts of the car, or freshen some things up. Plus, it has the perforated leather seats from a 2001 model and newer NSX. Again, none of them deal breakers if the car checks out otherwise. Just FYI.

Totally weird. Is it just me, or is that "interior pic" taken from a completely different car... a 2004+ ?

look at the airbag, shift knob, white stitching on the dash, blue gauges

Unless the ENTIRE interior was swapped?

Come to think of it, they had a silver '04 there about a month ago. I wonder if they inadvertently switched the interior shots of the 2 cars. May be worth a call to them to verify. Oddly enough, I got mine there in March of '06, full documentation...

Come to think of it, they had a silver '04 there about a month ago. I wonder if they inadvertently switched the interior shots of the 2 cars. May be worth a call to them to verify. Oddly enough, I got mine there in March of '06, full documentation...

Plan on spending 28+ for a well maintained nsx.

Be sure to ask them about if the car has had any accidents, because from the pictures it looks like the bumper have both had paint work. The emblem on the front bumper is upside down, and the lower valence on the rear is painted white, as was the top (which was previously black). Of course this could all be cosmetic if the previous owner wanted to 'white out' the black parts of the car, or freshen some things up. Plus, it has the perforated leather seats from a 2001 model and newer NSX. Again, none of them deal breakers if the car checks out otherwise. Just FYI.

Also, I don't think 93 has 6 speed.

I am in Fl. and just sold mine to a person from LA. Flew in and drove it home. I have been looking for my next toy, and their are more f cars of the popular models (348,355 etc.) for sale than there are NSX's.

Totally weird. Is it just me, or is that "interior pic" taken from a completely different car... a 2004+ ?

look at the airbag, shift knob, white stitching on the dash, blue gauges

Unless the ENTIRE interior was swapped?

I said the exact same thing when I saw that. That is a newer style interior.

As for the front bumper, its been painted, and you can see from the pictures that the paint doesn't match very well. Not to mention that the emblem has been put on upside down. The rear bumper looks like is has been painted as well. That just screams chop shop body work. I wouldn't give that car a second look.

Ah, and you can see the seats from one of the exterior pics of that car. They definitely used the wrong interior pic for that car. :rolleyes:

You have to perceive the NSX in the same light as a Ferrari - thus, they are rare and hard to come buy locally! I jumped at the opportunity to buy mine when it came up 45 minutes from where I lived. As for the price and the mileage - most high mileage NSXs run about 25,000 - and that is without having the timing belt done or the water pump and all seals.

dam:cool:

Really......

Thanks for all of your input. I must admit you guys do have very keen eyes to be able to pick up the cosmetic problems with these cars by just looking at the pictures. I have located a vehicle that I am interested in but per one of the other members in the post below, it appears that there are numerous cosmetic issues. The pictures of the car can be located at the second link.
There was mention of the vehicle being in a crash but the car fax report is clear. I am not really that concerned with the interior cosmetics, given the age of the car I was actually expecting to redo the interior regardless. I am more concerned with the exterior and if there are any mechanical issues with the car. Can someone advise, which car is the lesser of two evils. The white nsx from scottsdale or the red nsx from luxory motors? I am waiting on Ross to address the other points that you guys have noted.

I have considered getting a car in the low to mid 30s however, my credit union is very conservative so I am not getting full value on the loan. I have to go out of pocket for the difference between what they feel is the value and the actual sales price. With that plus the fact I want reserves left over for any unexpected mechanical issues I am trying to keep in the mid to high twenties and over the course of time fix the cosmetics/blemishes.

Also, thanks again for all your input.

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=86550&highlight=JH4NA115XNT000398

http://luxor-motor-cars.ebizautos.com/detail-1992-acura-nsx-1470023.html

Funny, I am in Florida too. I looked for my NSX on and off for about 10 months. Believe it or not, the previous owner FOUND ME on this forum! Pretty cool huh! Anyway, dont fool yourself on the interior, if the car was taken care of you wont have to redo anything. Also there arent alot of clean NSXs out there that have a provable history, which is incredibly important to me. I personally wouldnt consider a vehicle that was titled outside of Florida, mainly because I come from the northeast, you drive a car in the salt once, the undercarriage will show it forever. You can literally eat off the undercarriage of my 95, its that clean.

For market reference, I have a pretty much perfectly maintained, 95 - T, 66k miles, 5 speed, red and paid 37k. Its worth every penny in my opinion, everything was up to date and proven, not a drop of paintwork and it is 100% original and stock. THATS what I was looking for....

Good find. Well, based on the recommendation on some of the members I am increasing my price range. I see a car on ebay that has been there for a while that I am interested but a little concerned since it has been on for a while and the price seems relatively reasonable.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1998...oryZ5337QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Would appreciate some feedback. Is the milage to high for a 98 or has the modifications brought down the value of the vehicle?

Front end has been repainted. The vertical slats in the middle of the front bumper should be black not car color. The front bumper is easy to remove, and I don't understand why so many of these NSXs are showing up with this flaw rather than pulling the bumper and painting it right.

If memory serves me right, the black vertical slats are actually part of the plastic cover that shrouds the radiator.

Back