BMW project car

After 2+ years of work, i.e., parts gathering, full restoration, fabrication, build, etc., my 1972 resto-mod BMW 2002 is just about ready for primetime!!! :smile:

It's at the stero shop for a system install, then back to the restoration shop for a few items to be worked or re-worked, i.e., lower stance; install of headlight rings, grills, driving light; modification to accelertor pedal, driver's side carpet, and a few other lesser item. Plan to show it at the BMW CCA national event in Sept... then get that baby out on the road... can't wait.

Here's few pictures from last Friday when I trailered it to the stereo shop:

-RoyW

IMG_1877.jpg

IMG_1878.jpg

IMG_1885.jpg

IMG_1883.jpg

IMG_1875.jpg

IMG_1876.jpg

IMG_1882.jpg

IMG_1879.jpg

Very nice indeed ......... in my younger days the 2002 tii where the craze; they stood up to drag racing much better than the Fiats that kept blowing up :biggrin:

Your interior flooring can use some more spanking color contrast; the gray is good, but I have the perfect solution with some Lambo orange threaded custom logo embroidered on black floor mats. Excuse the plug - we did one for a Pantera painted in Lambo orange and it was gorgeous :wink:

Mercy! Gawd I love those carbon airbox's. The father of a good friend of mine was one of the first in the U.S. to do that engine conversion back in the 80's. I believe his car was Inka as well. Sound clips please! Those airbox's make the s14 sound like nothing else.

Its an S14 from an E30 M3, its referred to as an 'M2' conversion.

It is indeed an s14 (from an e30 M3) but more specifically, it is a euro Schnitzer S4 2.5L version with 230 bhp.

-RoyW

Very nice indeed ......... in my younger days the 2002 tii where the craze; they stood up to drag racing much better than the Fiats that kept blowing up :biggrin:

Your interior flooring can use some more spanking color contrast; the gray is good, but I have the perfect solution with some Lambo orange threaded custom logo embroidered on black floor mats. Excuse the plug - we did one for a Pantera painted in Lambo orange and it was gorgeous :wink:

I'm interested in a set of customer front floor mats as you described... I'll send you a PM. Thanks.

-RoyW

Back