• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

body integrity

Can anyone provide me with insight on NSX body integrity? Are there many problems with squeaks and rattles and if so how correctable are they? I'm specifically interested in '93-'95 (non-targa).

My current daily driver is a '95 Lotus Esprit S4s, which I enjoy quite a bit. My biggest pet peeve with it is the mediocre body integrity. With a car originally designed in the late '70s, I guess it goes with the territory. :-(

Thanks,

Gary

Originally posted by GSchotland:
Can anyone provide me with insight on NSX body integrity? Are there many problems with squeaks and rattles and if so how correctable are they? I'm specifically interested in '93-'95 (non-targa).

Hi Gary,

First, there are no '95 non-targas. But to answer your question, the NSX is very good with regards to not having rattles or other odd noises. Most of the time if one does develop a rattle it is a trim panel, exhaust, aftermarket suspension, spare tire bracket, etc. and is easily corrected.

I was about to post pretty much the exact same question.

I really want the targa. So it's 95+. There's no way I'm leaving it stock in regards to power. The 97 are supppose to have integrated the missing roof support (more chassis support) much better (with a host of other pluses as well). However the 97s are a bit more expensive.
eek.gif

Do 95s have serious chassis flex issues, especially when the power is upped a little?

Anything out on market to strenghten the chassis?

Back