• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Brake Caliper Colors

How big of deal is it to remove the calipers to paint them and get them back on w/o screwing things up? I'm pretty handy, I've just never don it.

Ed

emdoller said:
How big of deal is it to remove the calipers to paint them and get them back on w/o screwing things up? I'm pretty handy, I've just never don it.

Ed

the front one its not that hard to remove it, you only need 17mm and 14mm socket and a clamp to stop the fluid coming out from the hose, the hardest part is the rear caliper you need to take out the handbrake cable and you need to remove more things so you need 10mm and 12mm socket too then after all done you need to bleach the brake to make sure there is no air in the system . . .

Last edited:
Quick question for those who've done this DIY; what type of jack stands work for the NSX? I've been cautioned about them b/c of the frame. Any help or suggestions is appreciated!

Ticomba74 said:
Quick question for those who've done this DIY; what type of jack stands work for the NSX? I've been cautioned about them b/c of the frame. Any help or suggestions is appreciated!
Here's a neat tip by aero - the jacking points are already a solid location to place your jack-stand. This adapter makes it a secure fit over the metal tab.
I think it could be even simpler with the block fitting directly over the square top of the main stand body, as the NSX doesn't particularly really need the extra elevation for most jobs (at least associated with brakes, suspension etc).

Back