• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Brake caliper dress up

I applied the Foliatec brake caliper paint with fantastic results...However, in order to do it right the calipers have to be completely dissassembled, prepped and then painted with 3 coats. It was a time consuming project but the results were great. The directions say you can use a very small paint brush and paint the calipers while their on the car. I would not do this to an NSX, maybe a Hot Rod Civic.
Ken

I painted mine with high heat yellow over high heat white with a high heat clear on top. It has been two years and I have heated the brakes to the point of boiling the brake fluid and they are still perfect with no discoloration at all.

I did use about five cans of brake cleaner and a wire brush to scrub them clean first.

I also used enough coats to eliminate much the casting pits, so it has somewhat the look of a plastic coating that everyone seems to like...myself included.

[This message has been edited by Craig (edited 07 April 2001).]

Back