• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Brake Light is on

Folks,
I'm having an issue. My e brake light is on. It's low illumination not high like when you pull up the brake.
I also have a constant beep till I hit the brakes...then it stops for a bit and comes back.

Also, my TCS and ABS light come on.

Thoughts on what this could be?

I checked all my lights and they all seem to be working ok.

Thank you.

95 NSX

So...just so I understand...you've described these issues to an Acura dealer, they looked at the car and were not able to provide/recommend a fix?

Correct. They said that as I have quite a few mods done to the car, they don't want to try anything as "they would own it then". Meaning, they are scared to tackle my issue. They did say that all by lights were working. LOL That was nice of them. They did say that the car wasn't showing any codes.

I understand why dealership mechanics hate troubleshooting on modified cars. They can be a black hole for time because they don't know what nasty surprises lurk and the service manager hates having to deal with the customer who gets the bill for the hours associated with the nasty surprises. If you have a modified car, you should be prepared to 'own' all aspects of that car. Time to get a service manual!That said, there are three things on a stock NSX that can cause the brake system light to come on:- the parking brake switch- operation of the fluid level switch in the brake reservoir- a short to ground in the wiring associated with the parking brake switch or the brake reservoir level switchThe ABS system uses the same circuit to detect engagement of the parking brake. If the ABS system receives a signal that the parking brake is engaged (because the brake system light is on) it will deactivate the ABS which is why your ABS light is on. I expect the TCS is getting the same erroneous signal causing the TCS light to come on. I expect (but did not check) that you have no ABS or TCS codes because there is nothing wrong with those systems.First the easy stuff. Check the operation of the switch on the parking brake lever to make sure that it has not come out of adjustment and is still remaining slightly closed when the lever is released. Operate the switch manually a few times to make sure that it is not sticky. Check the wiring to the parking brake switch to look for an obvious short to ground. Check the fluid level in the brake reservoir to make sure that it has not dropped to the point where the level switch is just starting to close. Pull the cover off the brake reservoir and operate the level switch a few times to make sure that it is not hanging up. Check the wiring to the level switch to look for a short.Now the hard stuff. If the previous two steps don't yield anything, disconnect the parking brake switch and the brake reservoir level switch. If the brake system light remains on, then you almost assuredly have a short to ground somewhere in the wiring for the brake system light. You will need to get the electrical section of the service manual so you can find the connector numbers that will tell you which wiring harness that circuit runs through. Be prepared for a deep dive into and under the dash.I have no clue what your beep might be. I don't think anything on my 2000 'beeps' other than the key-in door chime and the seat belt reminder. By chance, do you have an after market security system? If so, some systems have a tie in to the parking brake switch for programming purposes. If it does your security system may have a partial failure or a wiring problem causing the problem for the brake system circuit.

Last edited:
Hi everyone. I am an asshat. A spamming asshat to be exact. But please pity me. I am an orphan. My parents killed themselves because I am an embarrassment who chooses to be a worthless piece of shit spammer.

Baba booey to y’all

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi everyone. I am an asshat. A spamming asshat to be exact. But please pity me. I am an orphan. My parents killed themselves because I am an embarrassment who chooses to be a worthless piece of shit spammer.

Baba booey to y’all

All new members get a free dose of sodium pentothal with each first post.....

Last edited:
Back