• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Brembo rear BBK to complement 993 turbo front kit

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After many years of racing with my home designed rear BBK based on modified AP Racing CP 7611 calipers, I decided to buy the Brembo rear BBK.
The decision was based on safety and performance first and looks second.
Safety because my design used the OEM NA2 303*23 disks that had a very hard time on fast tracks eventually leading to an disintegrated disk!
Performance because the Brembo kit uses 328*28 disks that provide more rear brake torque with enhanced cooling.
The Brembo kit also nicely matches the desired front to rear brake ratio with a 53.8 % front bias in conjunction with the Porsche 993 turbo front calipers.
Finally it will look good to have the 328 disks in the rear to match the 322's upfront.
I will mount the kit in the spring and feedback the riding experience.

IMG_2979.JPG

BTW this upgrade will not enable me to catch one of these...

20200701_173218.jpg

Last edited:
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I weighed the OEM rear calipers at 4.5 kg.
The Brembo's are down to 3 kg with pads.
A good saving but you need to add the parking brake.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nope! Not going to catch a Panigale, R or non R version. However, the NSX has the great advantage that you can drive it to the store to pick up a case of bear and transport it home. Even R compound tires on an NSX probably last longer than any tire on a Panagale. The Panagale reminds me of one of those Wyle E Coyote creations like a jet engine strapped to a skate board with a seat on top for the passenger.

Last edited: