• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

"Bring-a-Trailer" finds "chop top NSX" for sale.

1991 Acura NSX Convertible

I kind of feel sorry for this car.

From the article:
This 1991 Acura NSX is offered with minimal info apart from a claimed mileage of 40k. We’re not sure we’ve ever seen a convertible conversion NSX before, and though the resulting car looks better than expected, it’s still a bit of a shame in our opinion–well finished or not, even Honda-built T-top cars had a bit more chassis flex than coupes. Find it here on Choiceautocenter in Shrewsbury, Massachusetts for $50k.

20 pictures and full article

Although it looks to be properly executed, 50k for a ruined NSX? Good luck.:rolleyes:

How soon do we forget!
Remember when THIS abomination crossed the auction block a few months ago? Do we remember what is sold for????

"...and we’ve always preferred these pop-up headlight versions over later, googly eyed cars."

It was a semi-rhetorical question, but yes, the point is I don't think a single Prime member would have paid north of $30K it went for almost 2x that! We're gonna hate on this car, but some poor soul is going to buy this car and feel like the got something special. More power to them, I guess???

There are two problems with chopping the top on an NSX, regardless of how professionally it is done:
1. Rigidity...or lack thereof. If you brace it enough to make up for the loss of the top it will add serious weight.
2. The ragtop will be ugly. There's almost no way to make a drop-top that will look good when up, given the layout of everything between the "C" pillers and the leading edge of the trunk lid.

And looking at the fabricated outer engine cover, this is hardly an over-engineered example.

You have the Ford Flex, who knew there was also an Acura Flex?

I could almost understand if they started with a 95 or later T-Top.

Last edited:
Back