• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

broken door handle

My driver side door handle broke last night right at the hinge pin on the bottom side. Any one else ever have this happen? I called the dealer and my normal parts guy was out today and who ever answered the phone said 360 buck for just the handle. Anyone deal with this before?

My interior driver side door handle broke this past fall. I purchased a replacement from Tim at Ray Laks Acura. Tim gives 25% off and free shipping. I think that the phone number is 1-888-RayLaks. It still ended up at $276 for a door handle, but it was necessary. So you are not alone!

Two more options:

1. If you want a new, OEM replacement door handle, members of the NSX Club of America can get 30 percent off parts (I'm not sure about shipping) from Eric Milam at Niello Acura.

2. If you don't mind getting yours welded or some other cheap alternatives, check out this topic on the nsxsc.com forums.

Kirk Johnson has manufactured the replacement piece ......... and it comes in gold color too
biggrin.gif

Kirk is our local NSXCA Sacramento Chapter Treasurer, he is on the list and this forum can can be reached at:

[email protected]

Good luck!

Back