• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Buying a Downforce NSX-R spoiler - best place to get it from?

Okay I've finally decide to take the plunge and buy a Downforce NSX-R spoiler. Where did you guys buy yours from? I am a little confused because SOS sells it in Carbon for $1395 but $100 extra for LED brake light. Evasive sells it for $1395 but with the LED option already included. Am I missing something? Why is it $100 more at SOS?

Last edited:
I would but from whoever has it in stock. My DF has the 3rd stoplamp but not having one wouldn't be a dealbreaker. Does either vendor have one?

Okay I've finally decide to take the plunge and buy a Downforce NSX-R spoiler. Where did you guys buy yours from? I am a little confused because SOS sells it in Carbon for $1395 but $100 extra for LED brake light. Evasive sells it for $1395 but with the LED option already included. Am I missing something? Why is it $100 more at SOS?

You should consider the PRIDE NSX-R rear wing. It costs significantly less, and the quality is very good. It also comes with the third brake light. Follow the link below for pics and more information.

http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showt...bon-Fiber-Rear-Spoiler-Review?highlight=Pride

^^^^^ I second that. I have not seen one in person, but from pictures the pride is exactly the same for a fraction of the cost. Plus Mark is a pleasure to do biz with.

I have the downforce wing and it's worth it over the orthers. The others look nice until someone with a DF wing parks next to you. I bought my direct from DF

Pride NSX-R wing looks great on the review page and was leaning towards buying one but glad I didn't after seeing one in person. Pride doesn't arch like the original NSX-R wing. It almost look straight across when you look from behind. DF on the other hand arch quite nicely on pix and in person though. I guess it depend on your taste. I'd prefer the OEM spoiler or arch look over flat across any day. Maybe the images might help demo what I'm talking about.

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• straight.jpg
    straight.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 990
  • straight2.jpg
    straight2.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 979
  • arch.jpg
    arch.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 975
  • arch2.jpg
    arch2.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 984
DF for me ! You can buy directly from them. I have Thomas's email. PM me for email! I am not sure Mark is a great communicator, or it was me. I was asking him to take the pictures of his inner side of air duct at one time . He went silent......only when you have intention to his stuff.
Our NXS's deserve good stuff......DF or Procar. DF will also tint your wing if you want to. Others don't.

Last edited:
I think I'm going to go with the Downforce. I've seen it before and it does look super nice. BTW, who makes that add on lip for the spoiler?

+1 on DF. This is only because I've had mine many years and still looks great. I am positively not knocking the Pride unit. I do know DF uses a very good clearcoat to protect from UV fading. Especially if your car spends alot of time outdoors in the sun. It is a proven product.

Back