• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

C & c 1/14/12 ?

AM check, next time.

Lance

Lance,

Call me or text me next time, I forgot to check Prime this morning. Virgil called at the last minute and said he could go. Virgil and I saw Joe and a friend of his out there. Joe brought his NSX with the new body kit, and Virgil brought his new modified '71 Datsun 240 Z hot rod (almost 300hp! :biggrin:) sorry we missed you! Let's try next week if you're available. That goes for you too Butch, good luck knocking out the flu!

Best regards to you both,

Tom

Last edited:
Re: Cars and Coffee 1/14/12

Another magical day @ C&C! Good to see Tom with his pristine red go cart and Joe with his widebody (the rear diffuser is oh so sweet!). Tom and I strolled around and gazed at some gorgeous restored beauties including a Packard (yr?) with stunning interior appointments and a '65 Vette with sidepipes. I got to fire up my newly acquired father-son project car that Tom described. I have had 3 Zs in the past, including a 1980 280ZX that was my ride in college and a stock '72 240Z museum piece with 68k orig. miles that I relinquished 7 yrs ago. I got bit by the Z bug again but wanted to do a modified early Z this time. Found a clean example in SoCal through a Z forum classified and drove her home 2 weeks ago. Former owner was a Z gearhead who owned 4 Zs in the past.... all at the same time! He installed the 3.1 stroker Rebello engine with headers and exhaust, and yes, it sounds mean:eek: .. a little loud for my taste but since it's not my DD, I won't do a resonator or glasspack for now. Enjoying this 40 year old classic, but trying to get used to the growing "to do" list. Here's a couple of intro pics.
Get better Butch, and hope to see the rest of the gang soon.:smile:

Attachments

• DSC02819.jpg
    DSC02819.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 19
  • DSC02813.jpg
    DSC02813.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 24
Nice New/Old car Virgil! Looks pristine as always. I still have yet to see Tom and Joe's new cars in person! I must make it out next weekend... If my car is done I will drive it down there. The past week I have been doing a little fuel system upgrade getting it ready to run on some good ol E85. Hopefully get it tuned sometime this week...I will let you guys know how it goes. :biggrin:

It has gotten a bit of a face lift though. Cheapo sideskirt and rear bumper had for $150, and a $400 paint job lol, I love track cars.

The paint is Gunmetal Flat Gray.

itup.jpg

Greyin.jpg

And this is the only video I have so far of drifting. Cell phone quality, and in car shakiness lol. I really need a GoPro.

http://youtu.be/EGUFLbdHGEk

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/EGUFLbdHGEk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited:
Re: C & C 1/14/12

Shane, You are the official drift king of the NSX club! I certainly hope that you took the baby out of the car seat before your run....thanks for the update on your toy! Btw, I hope you don't mind me sharing the photo you sent me of your first drift car...

Attachments

• untitled.jpg
    untitled.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 65
Nice New/Old car Virgil! Looks pristine as always. I still have yet to see Tom and Joe's new cars in person! I must make it out next weekend... If my car is done I will drive it down there. The past week I have been doing a little fuel system upgrade getting it ready to run on some good ol E85. Hopefully get it tuned sometime this week...I will let you guys know how it goes. :biggrin:

It has gotten a bit of a face lift though. Cheapo sideskirt and rear bumper had for $150, and a $400 paint job lol, I love track cars.

The paint is Gunmetal Flat Gray.

itup.jpg

Greyin.jpg

And this is the only video I have so far of drifting. Cell phone quality, and in car shakiness lol. I really need a GoPro.

http://youtu.be/EGUFLbdHGEk

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/EGUFLbdHGEk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Shane,

I like the look of the car! The flat gray paint makes the car look badass. :biggrin:

Hey Virgil and Lance, why don't we have a vintage Datto meet at C & C? The '71 240Z, '68 1600 roadster, and the '80 210 wagon; might be fun! :smile:

Back