• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

camber question...

i lowered a 3000gt vr-4 several years back and swore i would never do it when i got my nsx. i was going through tires every 6,000 miles because i couldn't adjust the camber enough. now i've got it and the wheel gap is an eye sore. i've considered lower my '97 nsx-t w/ h&r springs (1.5 in) will my camber adjust enough to avoid the extreme uneven tire wear?

I have lowered mine about that much and the camber will not adjust to zero, but will go to -1 degree. That is about where I want it anyway. If you are still concerned, you should see if anyone sells a camber kit for the NSX.

As a side note, if you dial out some of the negative camber, your tires will last a lot longer (you probably noticed that w/ your 3K GT). Also, if you get the Comptech non-compliance rear suspension member, you don't need all the negative camber the factory built in anyway, as the bushing flex is eliminated.

You will have severe camber problems with the H&R springs. I suggest you look at an Eibach spring (1inch), or using Bilstien shocks (7/8 inch). I have an Eibach set that I may not use, would you be interested if I do not install them?

------------------
Chris Willson
www.ScienceofSpeed.com
www.NSXClassifieds.com

Back