• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

Can I just simple "debadge" the rear Acura logo?

I like my cars nice and clean and prefer not to have any Acura badges on the rear of the car (nor honda ones) and wanted to ask:

For that middle taillight piece where the Acura badge sits, can I just use a heat gun and floss to remove it? Are there any guide holes or marks left behind?

Going to get a JDM badge up front but don't want anything in the rear.

What other options have you guys done for the rear middle piece?

rick

It's a very easy mod. Just boil the lens for about 5-10 minutes and you can seperate the two halfs with a knife. The Acura sticker peels right off the plastic inside, and then you can use a marine grade silicone to seal it back up. I did mine eight years ago and I've never had to reseal it.

It's a very easy mod. Just boil the lens for about 5-10 minutes and you can seperate the two halfs with a knife. The Acura sticker peels right off the plastic inside, and then you can use a marine grade silicone to seal it back up. I did mine eight years ago and I've never had to reseal it.

You lost me, the Acura badge is on the OUTSIDE of the red plastic lense so why do I have to boil it????

rk

Sorry, once again I didn't realize that you have a newer NSX. My instructions are for the earlier cars.

I believe he means the "inside" decal. You mean the outside. Yes it's easy to remove and leaves no holes.

I believe he means the "inside" decal. You mean the outside. Yes it's easy to remove and leaves no holes.

thanks guys for the help, looks like heat gun time when I get home tonight...hehehe

rick

Thanks used my trusty heat gun and then goo gone to remove the residue!

My rear is now silky smooth like a baby's butt :biggrin:

Just need to find a nice CF license plate frame and eventually get the DR diffuser to complete the rear.

rick

Can you post a photo of the debadged look? Are you going to debadge the front also?

Back