• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

Canadian Grand Prix Pics

I was at the GP last weekend in Montreal. Let me just say that EVERYONE should go at least once! The city and the race were amazing. Here's a few pics from the Grand Stands you may enjoy!

http://photos.yahoo.com/[email protected]

click on the album Canadian....

nice pics. i assume you didn't try to take pics of them going on the straight... i tried for like 3 days at usgp (2004) and ended up deleting like 200 pics. anyways, good pics. the seating situation at CGP seems "tight?" compared to usgp. and your caption for kimi happy as ever. that guy is freaking MEAN or something. i seen him during the parade last year, he didn't even smile or wave to the fans. what kinda crap is that?! i guess he's all business since he is #2 in points.

forgot to ask. did you watch the honda civic challenge? how was that? can you give lap times for the ferrarri challenge and civic challenge. i wanna see how much faster they are.

the porsche challenge at indy they lapped liek 1:50 or something.. the f1 cars did like 1:30s.. eeks.

I did see some of the Honda Civic Challenge. The F1 cars were considerably faster than the Ferrari's - 45sec faster and the Civics were off the Ferrari pace by about 1/2 a minute (I think).

The civics were great. The only thing done to them really was the suspension which was built by a shop in Ontario for all of the cars, and besides that they were pretty stock. Lots of fun to watch though. The Ferrari and Civics were the real race of the day. :wink:

swbatte said:
I did see some of the Honda Civic Challenge. The F1 cars were considerably faster than the Ferrari's - 45sec faster and the Civics were off the Ferrari pace by about 1/2 a minute (I think).

The civics were great. The only thing done to them really was the suspension which was built by a shop in Ontario for all of the cars, and besides that they were pretty stock. Lots of fun to watch though. The Ferrari and Civics were the real race of the day. :wink:

of course, they didn't have to use michelins ;)

were you able to watch practice/qualifying session IN FRONT of the pit? its the most insane sound i EVER heard when they hit the rev limiter going into pit lane.

azndng said:
of course, they didn't have to use michelins ;)

were you able to watch practice/qualifying session IN FRONT of the pit? its the most insane sound i EVER heard when they hit the rev limiter going into pit lane.

Yes! We were right in front of the Williams pit. The sound was ungodly! I freaking loved it, there is no way to describe it to someone who hasn't been before. Everyone needs to go.

All I can say is when a car company says F1 inspired, their car better be a banshee capable of warp speed before I'll buy into that expression again!

My wife and I were there as well. We of course wore earplugs, but seriously, if there's a reason to go stone cold deaf, I'd love to go out hearing those glorious Honda V10's scream away @ 19,000rpm! I took about 600 photos and 20 video clips over the weekend. We had such a great time that we almost decided last minute to fly to Indy rather than back home. Good thing we didn't :biggrin:

Back