• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Can't believe people

On my way to the office this morning, my boy and I stop by the doughnet shop. I park in an empty 100 car parking lot away from the shop and we walk. When we come out there's an old beat up Catalina conertable that just pulled in with a half dozen kids in it parked right next to me....and I mean RIGHT next to me, to the point my drivers door won't even open to the first stay!! Luckly the kids pile out without opening the doors. This guy could've parked anywhere including in front of the empty doughnet shop but he's gotta park with in 24" of my car....What an Ass!!!!

Now I go to my office to work on the new Prime Cyn Run II tee shirt layout. I park next to a beautiful full dress Harley Heritage leaving maybe 8' between us thinking "naw, there's no way anyone could squeeze in here" and "besides the whole damn place is empty, they'll park over there by the stairs" Sure enough I go out after about an hour and there's a stinkin old beat up MINIVAN parked RIGHT NEXT TO ME!!!! BETWEEN THE HARLEY AND ME!!!! There are literally a dozen open parking spaces that are actually closer to the entry walk up to the building and they park right in the middle....again so close I have to squeeze into my car!!!!

WHAT'S WRONG WITH PEOPLE!

Same thing happened to me, almost empty parking lot, I park way in the back, and when I get back, there is beat-up (and I really do mean beat-up, almost ghetto) mini-van right on my drivers side with literally 5 inches between my drivers door and his passenger door (I know because the length of my cell phone was exactly enough to close the gap between the two doors). Then there is a Plymouth Laser in front of me, and a Honda Civic next to me. Anyway, I hop in the passenger side, release the e-brake, throw it in neutral, then get out and pull the car out of the spot, get in and drive away. It was just one of those days I guess...

------------------
1992 NSX Red-Black 5-Speed

Unfortunately, some people do this on purpose. They see a nice car and immediately do anything spiteful that they can in order to show their hatred and resentment.

It would shock you the number of people that are like this. It's actually pretty scary.

------------------
David Allen
'00 Silverstone NSX-T
Comptech SC, Headers, Intake, Exhaust & a little Mark Basch tweakage

do what i do...

take two spaces... but park waaaaay away frome everyone else...

------------------
Kaye & Trish
1998 NSX-T #176
Red/Tan
No mods...
NSXCA #108

I have this friend who is the nicest most thought,respectful and considerate person you would ever want to meet he knows he can't open a can of whip-ass on a**hole people so he carries a spring loaded punch and takes out a window or two of the offending vehicle

Originally posted by AndyVecsey:
Craig - what is your point? Did a door get dinged? If not, I repeat, what is your point? It is a free country - people park where they want to.

I think the point was that the other driver intentionally did something just to irritate the "stuck up owner of that fancy car". I guess if I cut you off in traffic, slam on the brakes, but manage to avoid having you hit me - I guess that's alright because there were no "door dings"
rolleyes.gif
. I can see why anybody would be upset if someone intentionally does something just to irritate them.

Whatever happened to common courtesy?

P.S. I do agree with you about breaking windows. People may be jerks, but they still have property rights.

------------------
'91 Black/Black

[This message has been edited by Michigan NSX (edited 11 May 2002).]

Jesus Andy, didn't mean to wast your time with my pointless banter.

Yeh, it's a free country....your right....maybe I should just go around in a carefree daze with a stupid smile on my face, that way when someone does something inconsiderate to me, I can just shrug it off and pretend not to be bothered, I'll just mumble to myself "well...after all it's a free country"

Ya know half the posts on this forum don't have a point...just people talking...and yes sometimes venting, to others that they think might understand.

Maybe you should stick to the technical forums, after all the 0-60 topic hasn't been beat to hell yet.

everyone wants to be next to you - if they can't have your car, at least they can pretend that they're getting in your passenger seat when they get out of their driver's seat
smile.gif

just wondering if this is by any chance just a simple psychological thing....

do ppl who go to park cars park together in an empty place?

sort of like if ur standing at a train station, do u stand close to another crowd or do u hang out the back?

just my 2 cents....

Originally posted by NUK3M:
just wondering if this is by any chance just a simple psychological thing....

do ppl who go to park cars park together in an empty place?

sort of like if ur standing at a train station, do u stand close to another crowd or do u hang out the back?

just my 2 cents....

You may have a point here. It could perhaps be a bit of "herd mentality" sort of thing. Or, perhaps it is something of a class thing. Perhaps it makes the beat-up minivan owner feel like he has a race car too.
wink.gif

I hate inconsiderate people like that!

I try not to take two spots because I feel that some people will get even more pissed and may intentionally vandalize the car.

But, there have been times that if I see an NSX parked with a fairly full lot, I take up two spots (with my daily driver) to protect the NSX. That's how much I love it. =)

[This message has been edited by POWERED by HONDA (edited 12 May 2002).]

As ironic as it may seem, I'm glad that Lud 86'ed my post - to those that may not know, it contained an obscenity. I do know better; however, my emotions got caught up when I read what FRISBEE's friend does. (Sidebar - intentionally breaking somebody's windows, just because they parked too close to your car is NEVER justified. That is a barbaric sign of disgruntled immaturity.)

Back to this topic - and this is not directed towards FRISBEE, but his friend - does he bust out windows just because an offending car is parked too close, but there are no door ding? Who bestowed you the devine power of what you choose to be correct? What if the person was CAREFUL not to ding your door, but you bust out their window, and the person wonders what they did to earn such negative admiration?

Finally - Craig, since I do not qrtr mile my NSX, the chances of me discussing 0-60 times are about as great as me re-roofing my house in Texas summers. PS - watch your profanity with the "H" word that you used.
tongue.gif

Enjoy life - a car is a car - not a human life - so don't pretend our NSX is a museum piece.

Andy, don't preach to me about adversity, or the value and appreciation of life......

My post was a quick commentary about inconsiderate people, an anecdote about a small frustration in life that we all deal with. Nothing more. To compare it to adverse circumstances as you have is ridiculous.

In the future I'll try to keep my posts more consise and socially appropriate...I'll try to be a little more sensitive and understanding to what you might be going through at any given point in time, so as you read on, nothing will offend or disagree with you.
rolleyes.gif

Your reading way too hard dude, loosen you grip on the wheel.
wink.gif

When I was in college I would park my old beat up Toyota FX near nice cars just so I could get a walk - around on my way to wherever I was going.

I usually parked at least a space away, but it not, always left plenty of room. Maybe the people driving the beaters just want a chance to admire the car -- no door ding, no foul.

Now on the militant side, if someone was taking up two spaces, I would cram my beater into the half space available on the drivers side as long as I could stay in the lines. I figured I was legally parked, the jerk taking up two spaces was the one at fault. I never touched the offending car though. (I've had people at work come out and re-park correctly when doing this -- let them climb in through the passenger side!)

Just another point of view.

Originally posted by aaronb:
...Just another point of view.

I believe these are always welcome at NSX Prime...if stated with courtesy and intelligence (which you obviously did).

That's one of the main reasons why I hang around this forum.
smile.gif

------------------
'91 Black/Black

I believe that many times when this happens it is "herd mentality." Even if the car parked way out is not "fancy" other cars will tend to park right next to it even if there are dozens of closer spaces. I have even experimented with this in my daily driver, and find that if I park a good bit away from the rest of the cars in the lot there will still usually be someone parked right next to me when I get back to the car.

Certainly there are also times when it is done out of spite, but I no longer assume malice in most cases.

I would never, ever take up two spaces. That is just asking to get keyed IMO.

Originally posted by SoCal-NSX:
If you had a '75 station wagon with wood paneling, what would you have to discuss right now?
wink.gif

You mean this isn't the wood paneled station wagon forum? Oh heck, I've been reading and posting here for 2 years and now I find out I've been in the wrong place... boy, do I feel stupid...
BTW, my wood grain station wagon is the only car that I have ever parked at Newark airport unlocked for a week and returned to find it unmolested, right where I left it! Try that with your silly exotic cars!

------------------
Andrew Henderson
The NSX Model List Page

"We have long acknowledged that enthusiasm for things automotive is a sure
sign of emotional instability if not outright dementia"
- Brock Yates

Originally posted by Michigan NSX:
Shouldn't your avater say "lemanswoodpaneledwagon"?
biggrin.gif

What's an avater?

------------------
Andrew Henderson
The NSX Model List Page

"We have long acknowledged that enthusiasm for things automotive is a sure
sign of emotional instability if not outright dementia"
- Brock Yates

I only park in spots where there is a pole or where there isn't a parking spot to my right. I figured that if someone did park right next to me, it will only be to my left. Since most people drive alone, the probability that a passenger will come out, open the door and ding my car is a lot less. So far all the cars I've owned are dent free (except for the time when some guy decided to throw rocks at my mitsubishi, thank god I wasn't driving my NSX).

At least with dents it's around a $100 fix and I only am slightly upset. If there's a scratch or paint damage I'm going balistic.

Want to hear lame? I usually try to park next to other nice cars or between others. If the cars are large vans, SUV, or obviously a beater, I take a mental note of the license plates. If I come back to a damaged car I have something to go on.

[This message has been edited by ilya (edited 13 May 2002).]

Back