• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Cantrell Concepts A.I. Intake System

I think Will's air induction system works pretty well. I had it installed along with a few other unrelated items (SmartShifter and stainless brake lines) in my NSX and noticed a few noticeable improvements. Please note, I DID NOT perform a baseline dyno run or an after the fact dyno run. In fact, I have yet to even find one in Oklahoma. My impressions are STRICTLY seat of the pants.

The build quality is great - I received mine certified mail a few days after Will said he would send it. It came fully styrofoamed w/ a few Cantrell Concepts stickers and step-by-step installation instructions. The instructions included suggested use (read: don't go thru standing water). OK already, you want to know if it performs and how well. Well, yes it does. How well, as determined by my SOTP feelerometer, is again subjective, but I think fairly well. I noticed an increase in throttle response especially above 30mph. The intake noise is more pronounced but certainly tolerable and perhaps more entertaining than stock. Almost certainly, you will notice better throttle response. I was pretty surprised with that performance characteristic. In theory, I think most of the HP increase would come at speed when any ram-air (not the strictest sense of the phrase) would take affect.

Overall, I think it's worth the cost, especially compared with others, and I recommend it.

Shawn

Thanks for the review, Shawn. Seat of the Pants is what it boils down for happiness to many of us.

Excuse my ignorance: who are the Cantrell Concepts folks? Never heard of them.

Here's some info about Cantrell Concepts:

I am now taking orders for the Cantrell Concepts A.I.System (Patent Pending). http://home.earthlink.net/~notslow/wsnE45E.html
This system offers greatly increased airflow over the factory intake tube and most aftermarket intake systems. This is not just another cone filter. This system offers true ram air performance. I have many happy customers already. Like Doug Hayashi (Flamemobile), Randy Nakagawa ( Direct port NOS system) and Dave (Bonestock) to name a few. The A.I.System uses the same mounting points and bolts as the factory intake tube. High quality construction, strong machined aluminum brackets. Special limited time Price is $325.00, about half the price of Comptech and comparably priced with the cone filter setups. This is the best performance upgrade available for the price. I will hold a drawing March 7th to give away one A.I.System to anybody who has ordered one by that time, or you can enter by mailing a card with your name address and phone number to Cantrell Concepts 53797 Ridge Road, Yucca Valley, Ca. 92284. Please email me with any questions or for more picture and information
[email protected]

Originally posted by Ponyboy:
The instructions included suggested use (read: don't go thru standing water).

How about rain?? I live in So Florida and rain is a given in the summer. I have had to drive through some torential downpours - those of you in the Florida chapter know what I am referring to
smile.gif
- starting with the day I picked my NSX up from the dealer.

------------------
BobsYT
2000 Red/Black #81

I can't seem to find the installation instructions but I believe they state that Cantrell Concepts doesn't suggest use in extreme rain conditions. I think it would be up to you to determine how extreme you could go. Just use your own common sense.

Shawn

Back