• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

car alarm

I'll be getting a new alarm soon. Can someone recommend me a very good system? I prefer some sort of status display/notification and anti-carjacking included.

Tks.

alarm system

I was wondering how much does your alarm cost and is there a monthly fee for that type of system. Also is there a site that I can get more information about it? Thanks

thanks

Thanks alot for the information I will be using this system on my car as soon as I get it on the road.....

Lopaka69, which other systems did you consider before deciding on the clifford? I'm also thinking about putting an aftermarket alarm + GPS and I'm still up in the air about the alarm system. I know a lot of people on here seem to use Viper, but the place I went to didn't carry that brand and was recommending an alpine unit instead. For tracking, I'm gonna go with the Boomerang2 system which is CDN $173/year in addition to the unit+install (CDN $549 installed). I'm really up in the air about the alarm system though.

Anybody have any opinions on which systems or manufacturers to avoid?

Actually, I didn't have any particular alarm systems in mind when I started looking for one. I've been to 2 alarm installation places, and they both said that the Intelliguard 850 was top-of-the-line.

check out the VIPER 690 or 640, it has a pager on the remote and display status of car on LCD remote. I think it was $289 at circuit city. and the window module is another $189 installed to control both windows.

Back