• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Car cover - which to buy?

Quick ques about car covers.

I need a car cover for a 2000 NSX-T in Dallas currently housed in an apartment complex garage, but I will be moving to NJ in July - will be renting a place with a garage but may be another apartment complex, and wouldn't mind a car cover that could stand up to the elements there...

What would you guys recommend? The OEM car cover? An outdoor car cover from california car covers? Others?

Thanks!

-Skinnydoc
'00 Silverstone NSX-T

where in NJ are you moving?

By the way, I have the factory car cover on my NSX and its the best Ive seen for an outdoor cover. I have had 3 ft on snow on top of it and when it "defrosted" it was like the car was just detailed..... :wink:

I don't know for sure, but I have heard that the OEM cover is for indoors only. Again, I heard that it is not water proof.

I own the weathershield which I really like. It is compact and very light. I have only used it in the garage, but it is called weathershield :rolleyes:

There is a more robust version called weathershield HD.

Here is a pretty good site.
I ordered mine from big sky covers I think.
I have some other links as well if you are interested.

I have heard of owners actually using two covers to completely protect their cars. :eek:

Is there ever a concern for weatherproof covers scratching the car?

Do you need to make sure the inner lining is cotton?
Although I would think weatherproof covers would not have cotton...

If you put a dirty cover on a clean or dirty car, your car will be scratched!
Anytime you drag dirt/contaminates across your car, you will have some marks to deal with.

You can QD the car if it is only dusty, just make sure you get along the bottom and maybe lightly use a cali duster first.
Also make sure your exhaust has cooled a bit.

My weathershield fits in MY washer and dryer. Most covers only fit the commercial units.

BRIDGEWATER ACURA said:
where in NJ are you moving?

I'm moving to Voorhees, NJ, but my parents live in northern jersey, so maybe on the drive up, i could stop by your dealership...

The OEM car covers gives you very good protection against minor dings but comes at the expense of leaving fuzz everytime you remove it from the car. This is very noticeable on darker colors. It is one of the heaviest car covers and takes a lot of storage room.

We offer the industry leading IntroTech car covers custom made for the NSX; in two designs, a full car cover and a canopy F16 version. It is made of microfiber fabric, the lightest car cover you will find in terms of weight, and can be used both indoors and outdoors. Since its introduction about a year ago, we have sold about 50 of them to the NSX community alone. You can find details here:

http://www.daliracing.com/v666-5/catalog/toys/car-cover-nsx-custom/car-cover-more-more-more.cfm

HTH

KSNSX said:
California Car Cover.

There are about 8 different car cover types....

which would you recommend buying?

Thanks!

Will
-'00 Silverstone NSX-T

skinnydoc said:
I'm moving to Voorhees, NJ, but my parents live in northern jersey, so maybe on the drive up, i could stop by your dealership...

Im not sure when your moving but April 17 is NSX DAY at my dealership...

Back