• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Caravan to NorCal NSX 2010 Spring Fling

For those in the Bay Area, I propose that we meet at the Ikea in Emeryville, which is a location that we have used before in the past, for trips up to Sacramento. We typically meet in the parking lot on the side of the Ikea parking structure.

The address is:

Ikea
4400 Shellmound St
Emeryville, CA 94608

I suggest we arrive around 8:00am with a departure time of 8:30am. This will give us plenty of time to get settled at the restaurant.

Please add your name to the list below:

1) MikeC
2)
3)
4)
5)

My brother and I would like to meet up with you guys as you pass the Fairfield area. I live by the 680/80 interchange so anywhere off the 80 would work.

1) MikeC
2) 02#154
3) iCEE
4) Giftedg
5) SFDreamer
<!-- / message -->

Since you guys are meeting at Ikea, can I request someone bring me some cinnamon rolls? kidding. Drive safe. :smile:

Just asking but, if it's another 90 mph plus scamper (like going to the Grand Opening in Elk Grove) we'll pass on the high speed feeding frenzy and take the more sane and safer singular approach. With 5 or 6 cars it's one thing, with twice that it gets dicey.
I'd like to get the trophies there in one piece and no tickets!

Concerned passenger ( with a rather large stick):mad:

Last edited:
I couldn't agree more. Wanna drive safe, no racing, and be there in one piece. Group of 20+ NSX are going to draw a lot of attention on the freeway especially to CHP. I think the president should repost the pic of him and Romeo with the trophy from CHP at the Comptech meet a few years back.:biggrin:

Just asking but, if it's another 90 mph plus scamper (like going to the Grand Opening in Elk Grove) we'll pass on the high speed feeding frenzy and take the more sane and safer singular approach. With 5 or 6 cars it's one thing, with twice that it gets dicey.

My brother and I would like to meet up with you guys as you pass the Fairfield area. I live by the 680/80 interchange so anywhere off the 80 would work.

I would like to meet up on 80 about 9:00 a.m,,,so you call the shots an i will be there.......Bill

Any suggestions where we could meet up on 80? Maybe the two of you could meet up somewhere on 80, pick an exit that will allow you to get back on 80 pretty easy, let me know what exit that will be and I will call Bill to let you know when we are getting close. If you guys have a better plan, let me know.

Thanks,

Mike

I couldn't agree more. Wanna drive safe, no racing, and be there in one piece. Group of 20+ NSX are going to draw a lot of attention on the freeway especially to CHP. I think the president should repost the pic of him and Romeo with the trophy from CHP at the Comptech meet a few years back.:biggrin:

Based on the schedule that I posted in my first post, by leaving Ikea in Emeryville at 8:30 am sharp. That will give us enough time to drive up to the restaurant, "cruzing" at the posted speed limits on the freeway, give or take 5 or 10 miles.

FYI... I did google maps from Ikea to the restaurant and it stated the driving time of 1:53 minutes.

If you have one of the motorola two way radios, bring it with you. Jack likes to set the channel on "6". I have an extra radio (purchased from Costco) if someone needs to use one.

This is looking to be a great event and I am looking forward to hanging out with some great people.

Larry, that pic has been removed as it was pretty incriminating :eek: :wink:

Mike

This just in... Mike Cruz won the 1st Place plaque for the Spring Fling event :biggrin: lol

Based on the schedule that I posted in my first post, by leaving Ikea in Emeryville at 8:30 am sharp. That will give us enough time to drive up to the restaurant, "cruzing" at the posted speed limits on the freeway, give or take 5 or 10 miles.

FYI... I did google maps from Ikea to the restaurant and it stated the driving time of 1:53 minutes.

If you have one of the motorola two way radios, bring it with you. Jack likes to set the channel on "6". I have an extra radio (purchased from Costco) if someone needs to use one.

This is looking to be a great event and I am looking forward to hanging out with some great people.

Larry, that pic has been removed as it was pretty incriminating :eek: :wink:

Mike

This just in... Mike Cruz won the 1st Place plaque for the Spring Fling event :biggrin: lol
Now I know why Yo ordered 2-first place trophies.:

And I thought it was for me to add to my collection.:mad:

Jack

Last edited:
Any suggestions where we could meet up on 80? Maybe the two of you could meet up somewhere on 80, pick an exit that will allow you to get back on 80 pretty easy, let me know what exit that will be and I will call Bill to let you know when we are getting close. If you guys have a better plan, let me know.

Thanks,

Mike

Sounds good! I think the easiest freeway entrance off the 80 for us to meet you would be "Red Top Road." My brother has some 2-way radios that we can bring.

Bill...We can meet up at the Tower Mart gas station that is located off Marshview Rd. and 680 (second to last exit before the 680/80 interchange). We can then drive over to the Red Top Rd freeway entrance and wait for the caravan.

I'll meet up with you guys at Ikea.

Bill, Ikea is right next to 80 :tongue:

Sounds good! I think the easiest freeway entrance off the 80 for us to meet you would be "Red Top Road." My brother has some 2-way radios that we can bring.

Bill...We can meet up at the Tower Mart gas station that is located off Marshview Rd. and 680 (second to last exit before the 680/80 interchange). We can then drive over to the Red Top Rd freeway entrance and wait for the caravan.

I'm in,,,,,send you pm later

Eight people on the list and nobody is bringing me cinnamon rolls from IKEA? Weak. (actually, I don't think IKEA will be open that early?):biggrin::tongue:

1) MikeC
2) 02#154
3) iCEE
4) Giftedg
5) SFDreamer
6) RonNRaiders
7) Mohammed
8) Gp2race
9) Yo/Jack/Trophies

Last edited:
Eight people on the list and nobody is bringing me cinnamon rolls from IKEA? Weak. (actually, I don't think IKEA will be open that early?):biggrin::tongue:

There might be some in the big green storage bin out back; I'll see if I can find you some :biggrin:

1) MikeC
2) 02#154
3) iCEE
4) Giftedg
5) SFDreamer
6) RonNRaiders
7) Mohammed
8) Gp2race
9) Yo/Jack/Trophies
10) smooth

1) MikeC
2) 02#154