• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Carbon Ceramic Brakes?

I haven't found too much info on this or know if its even possible for the NSX, but has anyone seen/know of a kit that offers ceramic disks? Seems like a no-brainier for any hardcore track enthusiast.

Porsche offers ceramic kits for many of their cars (as well as other manufacturers) so the technology is definitely trickling down from the hypercar region slowly but surely... (At a price of course). If there aren't any kits currently in existence then I'm sure it's only a matter or time....

Any info on this would be greatly appreciated :biggrin:

Those MovIt are from 2007; I too wonder if the price has fallen a bit since then. $10,000 for a brake package is just sliiiiiggghhhtttlllyyyy out of my price range. :tongue:

most of the gt3 and gt2 owners change their pccb to steel brakes...

Why?

Those MovIt are from 2007; I too wonder if the price has fallen a bit since then. $10,000 for a brake package is just sliiiiiggghhhtttlllyyyy out of my price range. :tongue:

And why hasn't anyone made OE replacements in carbon? Even if it were $500-$1000 a corner that would seem like a bargain considering many people buy BBK's for the higher heat capacity and conductivity. If you could do a better job with lighter rotors while maintaining factory brake balance then why not produce them :confused:

most of the gt3 and gt2 owners change their pccb to steel brakes...

That is correct!!! Most GT3 and GT2 owners will swap them out...

When cold the brakes are scary do a search on 6speedonline you will see that is a very common thing that is done...

Not worth it imo Rotor to me are a wear and tear item and those rotors are BANK!!!

Ceramic brakes are overated. Cold ceramic brakes are downright scary!

Additionally the consumable expense related to carbon ceramics is ridiculously high. And if guys who track their cars ($$$) with cars that come with carbon ceramic brakes ($$$) think the expense is too high, well.......

Why?

And why hasn't anyone made OE replacements in carbon? Even if it were $500-$1000 a corner that would seem like a bargain considering many people buy BBK's for the higher heat capacity and conductivity. If you could do a better job with lighter rotors while maintaining factory brake balance then why not produce them :confused:

uh. $500 per corner? lol. might want to multiply that times 6-8.

Here is the original post by Movit vendor TFEnt:
http://nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php?t=89608

~2yrs ago, I spoke to Tom at TFEnt, the price was ~$24k:eek::eek::eek:
~ 1yr ago he emailed me and said the price has came down "a bit" to ~low $20k.:eek::eek:

As much as I would love to have it on my car, StopTech seems like a realistic option for me.:eek:

One of my good friends was ready to pull the trigger on a new ZR1 this year. He is kinda cheap all around but likes cars. Anyway I asked him if he was aware of the carbon brakes or if the salesman talked about them at all...of coarse no on both accounts. I called down the Kerbek in AC and found out for him that the parts alone for a brake job were in excess of 7k. Needless to say he passed on the car...lol

uh. $500 per corner? lol. might want to multiply that times 6-8.

I was really leaning more towards the $1000 end of the spectrum and for OE disks only, not the whole kit. Just shooting from the hip really, price wise...

Back