• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Carbon Fiber NSX-R Hood Done!

hey any more of these left?

i might need one to match my new CF NSXR wing goodness :biggrin:

FlightNSX said:
Hi HRANT,

I am the owner of the White 93 NSX in the pictures that James posted. If you have any other questions about the parts in general, I'll try to answer them for you as well.

During the installation of the hood and headlight covers, we continuously opened and closed the hood during the installation process because we were trying to make sure that the hood was aligned properly. The hood clears the headlight covers (up or down) without any issues, and the fitment is great. I am pretty anal about fitment and was pleased with the outcome.

Since installation last Saturday, I have gotten alot of compliments on the hood/headlight cover combo, and it's overall look and quality. I even had people taking cell phone pics of it on the road at stoplights. It's definitely a unique look to update the appearance of the older NSXes. I'd recommend this modification because you get alot for what you pay for...

Thanks James.
-Michael.

Hi Michael,

I tried sending James some questions regarding the headlight covers, since you are the owner of the White car perhaps you might be able to help.

Are the headlight covers a CF overlay that goes on top of the OEM headlight covers or is it an entire assembly? Can you take some pictures of the covers with the headlights popped up on your car?

Thanks,

Ken

95Mr2Turbo said:
i'm out of the office this weekend, but i'll check tomorrow (tuesday)!

hehe any left ? =)

2slow2speed said:
Are the headlight covers a CF overlay that goes on top of the OEM headlight covers or is it an entire assembly? Can you take some pictures of the covers with the headlights popped up on your car?
Hey Ken,
I have those headlight covers.
They are a complete assembly - replacing the OEM covers. Carbon outside, fiberglass inside. Lightweight, good fit. There's another thread here somewhere, stated by James about a CF Vented VIS hood. More pictures of the headlight covers will be there.

Casper91 said:
Hey Ken,
I have those headlight covers.
They are a complete assembly - replacing the OEM covers. Carbon outside, fiberglass inside. Lightweight, good fit. There's another thread here somewhere, stated by James about a CF Vented VIS hood. More pictures of the headlight covers will be there.

Tx's for the info :cool:

Ken

I installed this hood on my '92 NSX a few weeks ago. Overall, I am fairly pleased with it. The fitment is not like OEM though, and the lines are off maybe a millimeter or so, with the biggest gap around the left headlamp. My biggest complaint is that I had to spend about 2 hours carefully filing the washer nozzle and hood prop openings. That part made me nervous, as I didn't want to scratch my brand new hood! Packaging was excellent, and it was delivered unscathed.

For a sub ~$900 hood, it's not a bad deal. Anything above that price, and I'd expect a tad better fitment and finish. I think it looks very good, and I do believe it's functional as well. I did a track session with this hood and I do believe that at 100mph and beyond, my front end felt a little more stable, not quite as light.

I'll post some pics later.

CF hood looks great, count me in on one too. I"m located locally so when u get one james contact me asap and i can pick it up. thanks.

95Mr2Turbo said:
Hi everyone. "The waiting is the hardest part" in the words of Tom Petty... In the meantime, i'll field some of these posts:

All: If you want a hood, I need a $100 deposit. Easiest way to do this is to Paypal me ([email protected]), or call to use credit card (626.968.5608).

Regarding the wing: We're working on it and I promise to post info on this item as soon as I have it!

02+ Hood: We are just now starting development - will keep posted!

icefire: Will do!

Have you started on the NSX-R wing :confused:

Very nice for the price. I myself would paint to match

blue1.jpg

blue2.jpg

Tan

NSX PTY said:
Hi James,

I'm still interested in the hood, but waiting for the wing w/led to order both.

Any news on the wing ?

Also waiting on the hood/wing combo before I bite... any news?

hey everyone,

these things are finally back, so i'll be answering PM's in the order that i received them (just like when you're on hold with your credit card company) - i think we have enough stock to satisfy new interest as well, so if you want one, don't hesitate to PM me or shoot me an email (i'm not gonna post it on here but members know how to find it)!
the price will remain unchanged at $700.
thanks,
james

Back