• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Carfax check please??? SCFBB03B58GC08897

An Aston Martin and you can't spare $20? :biggrin:

Carfax is a joke. Who do they think they are? We should run a history report on Carfax! :rolleyes:

Re: Carfax check please???

Apparently the rules and the people have changed since I was on last. Sorry for any trouble this may have caused anyone.

I don't know if the rules have changed since you've last posted here or not, but just think about it for a moment. Carfax sells a service on a subscription basis. That is their source of their revenue. For that subscription, a subscriber is allowed to access their data base and receive information regarding the condition of various vehicles.

That being said, you were asking a subscriber to circumvent the subscriber fee they paid and give you the information for free. That means Carfax loses a source of revenue stream. If you were the CEO of Carfax how would you deal with those individuals doing that?

Please understand, I am not implying you're a bad person, nor do I think you're trying to rip off Carfax. But if you think about it, it just makes sense.

Good luck finding your vehicle.

Back