• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Catastrophic health insurance question

Anyone know of an insurance company that issues catastrophic health insurance? I am looking for a policy where I pay the first $5K or first $10, or something like that. Any insurance guys here? Thanks

I was a licensed insurance broker. Almost all companies have high deductible plans. Just pick one. 5K deductibles and higher are pretty common. I do the same thing.

I was a licensed insurance broker. Almost all companies have high deductible plans. Just pick one. 5K deductibles and higher are pretty common. I do the same thing.

Thanks. Any one company better than another? Also, what type of lifetime cap rate is good? e.g. $1 million, $3 million, etc.

Thanks. Any one company better than another? Also, what type of lifetime cap rate is good? e.g. $1 million, $3 million, etc.

doug,

i've used http://www.ehealthinsurance.com to sort through insurance offerings in the past... maybe it would be helpful for you.

as to what type of lifetime cap would be good, that's a tough one to peg, eh? of course, having said that, somebody will have tables to help you determine which is best for you. hmmm... maybe aarp would have those on their site?

hal

Since you are in the bay area, look at the blue cross ppo3500 and ther HSA plans. If you would like more specific info, PM me. I'm a CFP, so I can steer you on where to look.

I'll do this only because you are a Prime member.

Back