• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

collector car insurance

Hmm, my Hagerty policy is 2186/year with $120K valuation. Leland West quotes $1614 at 3000 miles for me. Hmm maybe a switch is in order…. The policy details don’t look that different.

I am similar age and have a 2003. I was shopping Leland West and their online quote for 120k agreed upon value at 3000 miles was around 900 / year. They haven't called me back yet, so I don't know how real this number is yet.
I have Leland West 115,000 for 1200/yr, 6000 miles and commuting 2x per week.

I like this discussion, but it's pretty hard to compare apples and oranges with so many different choices on deductibles, stacked vs. non-stacked and "mileage restrictions" (e.g. mileage may be unlimited but only with respect to certain activities). However, I always thought Hagerty made the most sense to me because they know there is less risk with cars that we supposedly drive super-carefully, but it's got me thinking to go back and look at what this might cost on my policy for my DD group of cars. FWIW, I get 5,000 miles per year on AV of $150,000 and it's $1750 per year. I probably need to revisit.

I have three cars (91 NSX, 00 Civic Si, & 05 Tacoma) under my policy. All three have 100k/300k/100k coverages, with $1k deductibles, but no agreed values. I pay just a few dollars over $1,200 every 6 months.

I just ran a Hagerty quote for the nsx alone with same coverages, but an agreed value of $100k and the quote came back at $3,100 a year..

I’m going to call my insurance and ask if they do some sort of agreed value coverage. If not, i may have to consider jumping cover to another carrier just to play it safe.

I got an agreed value policy from State Farm at 120k for $400 for 6 months. I do have 2 houses and several other cars insured with them but I thought that was a really good deal from a well funded and recognized carrier. I
I was in the insurrance business for many years and I can tell you that without an agreed value policy at claim time they will never go over original msrp minus depreciation our cars have often doubled in value to msrp

I’m currently in the insurance industry… Someone from another carrier informed me they recently paid out on a 1992 with 115k miles for $86,000. Not agreed amount, it was actual cash value. Which surprised me. It’s one of the carriers with the catchy song.

I’m currently in the insurance industry… Someone from another carrier informed me they recently paid out on a 1992 with 115k miles for $86,000. Not agreed amount, it was actual cash value. Which surprised me. It’s one of the carriers with the catchy song.
Do they insure nation-wide?

Interesting. Thanks for posting. I called Progressive (my current carrier) and the quote I got for $100k agreed value was ~$1300/year. I am only paying around $900 at Grundy. I know there are lots of variables that go into a quote though. Definitely worth calling around.

I think I need to raise my agreed value! I swapped all my stuff from American collectors/USAA to state Farm last year. Saved about 2k/yr and State Farm is more flexible with using a collector car.

Back