• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Ccu fan stop blowing

I repaired all the caps listed that go out. The ccu worked fine but yesterday the fan stopped blowing. Everything else still works temp adjustment, compressor but no fan. What caps control the fan?

Caps are generally used for filtering or coupling. One of the caps is used to filter the feed back signal from the motor but it will still run as long as it is not shorted and since you replaced it that is not the case unless you put it in backwards.

i had the same thing happen to my fan. the local nsx tech gave me a simple test. open the front end of the car and tap (not very hard) on the right side of the black blower housing with with a piece of wood or a small ratchet. if the blower starts up, it just needs a new motor. he said the brushes go out on these pretty often.

rog

Or you may be able to clean the carbon dust out of the motor and get more life from it, if that's the problem. Worked for me.

thanks for the replies guys. ok i did the tap on the right side of the black fan housing and no luck. is there a way to drect test the fan? or any other idea of possible problems? briank i wish it blow on high lol its a no blow.

Last edited:
I didn't see an answer to briank's question: Does it run when you put the CCU on high? If so, that points to the CCU (likely, since you were working on it) or possible the power transistor.

I didn't see an answer to briank's question: Does it run when you put the CCU on high? If so, that points to the CCU (likely, since you were working on it) or possible the power transistor.

i did i had said that i wish it did bow on high but that its a no blow. I found out it was a relay.

having a similar problem.
I get great Ice cold air while driving with 'recirc' turned off... if I turn the recirculate back on... the air stops... at an idle (or whenever the car isn't moving), it also will not blow, with or without recirc. It will not blow at any fan level (from low to hi)...

The above post said to run it direct from the battery to test it, but there're wires and connectors all over the thing... where is the fan motor hot wire?

Also... which relay was bad on yours, I'm having the exact same symptoms

I repaired all the caps listed that go out. The ccu worked fine but yesterday the fan stopped blowing. Everything else still works temp adjustment, compressor but no fan. What caps control the fan?

** I had the same problem AFTER the ccu unit was repaired. I removed the blower motor and dropped it off at a local motor repair shop. They checked the brushes and cleaned the contacts and tested it.
That was last year and its worked perfectly since.

Back