• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

CD changer problems

Hello all. I hope someone can help me with my CD changer problem.

CD changer stopped working after a touch free automatic carwash. Changer goes through CD's but can't seem to recognize them. Antenna pops up after CD changer has moved from one CD to the next, can't recognize CD so it moves on to the next one. In the process of moving to the next CD, antenna retracts or goes down( I have Smartenna ) only to go up again when CD changer is trying to recognize the new CD but fails to anyway. Changer just keeps on going without reconizing CD's while antenna goes up and down in the process. Anybody had this problem before?:frown

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Wil

have you try disconnecting the cd changer cable in the trunk for awhile and then plug it back up? kinda like resetting the changer...or just unplug the ground cable from your battery..30sec.. see if that will work..also, remove the cd magazine from the changer..then reinsert it back..troubleshoot a couple things..maybe it'll work itself out.

Will:
pull the radio fuse,
reset all CD cables in the trunk one by the trunk hinge (drivers side), one next to the CD changer.

You ran your car through an automatic car wash!!? :confused: P.S. The touchless car washes use very aggessive detergents. Extremely hard on paint.

I can eject the CD cartridge without any problems. I checked the Smartenna connections and everything was intact - no loose connections. I haven't tried the fuse or disconnecting/reattaching the cables. Are you referring to the DIN cables that attach to the changer? I'll give these a try.

I got lazy one weekend and tried running it through the new touch free carwash that opened a few miles from where I live. Never again. I did notice my rear center taillight fog up the day after but disappeared in a few days. Trunk was completely dry though. Thanks for your suggestions.

Hi,

I have the EXACT same problem here:

Changer goes through CD's but can't seem to recognize them. Antenna pops up after CD changer has moved from one CD to the next, can't recognize CD so it moves on to the next one. In the process of moving to the next CD, antenna retracts or goes down( I have Smartenna ) only to go up again when CD changer is trying to recognize the new CD but fails to anyway. Changer just keeps on going without reconizing CD's while antenna goes up and down in the process. Anybody had this problem before?:frown

I also have the smartenna and removed it from the circuit with no change in the CD changer behavior. Still won't play the CD's and no error messages. I tried blowing out the changer in case it was dusty but no change. I wonder if the electronics have just gone south in the changer or a spider moved in on the laser beam pickup or something else??

Wil, did you ever resolve your problem from 2010?

Thanks!

UPDATE 2013-11-10: I ended up going with the Grom audio Bluetooth/Aux HON92 cable Adapter. Works well, plug and play in the trunk in the same spot where the CD changer was located. To eliminate ground feedback, I grounded the Grom Audio adapter to the screws where the CD changer was mounted. Bluetooth reception is excellent in the passenger compartment with my Galaxy S4 even with the receiver in the trunk. And it works well with the Smartenna as previously installed with no changes required. I'm not using the bluetooth microphone since I don't have the need to make or receive calls while driving so leaving the entire unit in the trunk is fine.

Last edited:
Back