• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

CD changer s630 Alpine

Does anyone know if chm-s630 alpine (M-bus) will work ok with the NSX. It looks like the only thing I would need is the bracket??

Any issues????

If your NSX is 99 or older it'll work with an M-bus to Honda adapter - I am not sure about the newer ones.

Adapter (click)

PERACUALP.jpg

Just a tip I learned. My '99 never had the factory changer. I purchased an Alpine unit including the bracket from another Prime member. Went to install it one weekend and I discovered that something was still missing. Turns out that if your car never had the factory changer, the brackets behind the trunk lining will be missing. I had to order a complete installation kit from Acura to get the additional parts that I needed. I'm not sure yet but, I may have some extra parts to sell once I get done with the installation.

My car never had the OEM changer mount kit either. I opted for the swap the pins installation method with velcro on the changer. The velcro holds the changer very well (on the drivers side) and if you ever have to move it for the spare tire trick it's simple to move out of the way. No drilling, no cost no extra extension cable needed.

Back