• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

CEL code p1201 p1399

Good morning everyone.. can anyone help me here with those codes. I am so sorry to touch this car now. I don't know what is going on? And I went to Princeton Acura they are refused to accept my nsx because it was to low and can not get up the the left.anyone any suggestions and I really really appreciate! Hope every primers are safe and well!

Thank you so much for your input, will it hurt the engine if I drive to dealership? If the car drivable?

Those are engine misfire codes. During severe misfire unburnt gasoline and O2 will end up in the catalytic converters and react on the catalyst surface causing a severe temperature rise. Temperatures can get high enough that they will destroy the internal structure of the catalytic converter and melt the undercoating off of anything in the area around the catalytic converter. The risk of damage to the actual engine is low unless your misfire is so severe that you are washing the cylinders with unburnt gasoline or suffering from really severe pre ignition that the ECU is interpreting as misfire. If you drove your car a lot while the MIL was flashing you may have already toasted your catalytic converters.

Whether it is safe to drive your car will depend on how far away the dealership is and whether you can drive the car without triggering a severe bought of misfire. Since the MIL on the OBDII ECUs seems to flash when misfire occurs, try to avoid operating the engine under the conditions that cause the MIL to flash, if that is even possible. Ultimately, you need to be the one who decides whether it is possible to drive the car without further damage to the catalytic converters.

Is the car drivable? anything is possible..heck I drove 120 miles home from Watkins glen on 5 cylinders and of course a flashing cel...but I knew I was going to need a new motor when I got home.....

As a further thought, P1201 is the code for a #1 cylinder misfire. #1 is on the back side of the engine and the coils and plugs on the back side of the engine are the most prone to water ingress and corrosion and eventual carbon tracking which can lead to misfires. This can be a particular problem if you like to wash your engine a lot or the coil covers were removed for maintenance work and switched front to back (not uncommon) which results in drainage problems or the cover gaskets may have gone missing or been damaged during work which allows water in.

Remove the ignition coils and sparkplugs and examine them. Is there significant rusting on the coils where they mount on the head? Look at the long nose of the coil and the spark plug insulator. Is there any sign of carbon tracking on either? Carbon tracking pretty much requires replacement. You might find the source of the problem and save yourself s trip to the dealership.

Thank you so much of your information.. I have changed all plugs and now runs smoothly. But if I have test pipes and will check engine light will on?

My parents changed the locks to keep me out because they are embarrassed of me being such an asshat loser

Last edited by a moderator:
Back