• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Center Console for Stereo

I am looking to put an aftermarket stereo in my new 04 NSX. I was wondering if anyone had a console that had been customized to fit a standard DIN stereo. If not, does anyone know how much it costs to have one made, or a good place to go for that in the Malibu, CA area?

Thanks

MBF

Welcome and congrats on your car. We're neighbors...

Anyhow, checkout:

http://www.scienceofspeed.com/products/interior_performance_products/NSX/center_console/

They sell an FRP center console that you can get precut. I modified my center console to install a double din stereo and I would personally do that again if I had to install a single DIN as well.

You will have to paint the trim piece and it's hard to match the original color although I think yours might be easier since it's an 04. think they are a silver color if I'm not mistaken.

There are a lot of good audio shops in SoCal. PM me if you want to meet and see what I did with my car or talk audio.

Malibu Rapper said:

You will have to paint the trim piece and it's hard to match the original color although I think yours might be easier since it's an 04. think they are a silver color if I'm not mistaken.

My interior is black but what kind of paint do you use to paint the console?

Honda Graphite gray

Yeah, I've been eyeballing that spray can that D'ecosse is referring to.

Just for reference, you can pick that color up at most auto part stores. I've seen it at Pepboys, Napa, and Autozone in the body repair area. It comes in a small spray can, about $5. I've been trying to hold out till I find a bigger can but not sure if they make one.

The color is going to come close enough. If you're really anal about it, you can paint the door parts. I prefer to leave the doors alone because the stock finish is more durable and is perfect. But you should paint the trim ring around the vents.

Re: Honda Graphite gray

Malibu Rapper said:
....The color is going to come close enough. If you're really anal about it, you can paint the door parts. I prefer to leave the doors alone because the stock finish is more durable and is perfect. But you should paint the trim ring around the vents.
Agree 100% with all of these - since the door trim panels are so removed from the console, you have to look really hard to determine they're different. So, unless they're peeling, leave them alone. To paint the rim ring around the vents, you can easily remove the actual grilles - better than trying to mess with masking. The screws are hidden under the tape, then just pry the clips to pop them out.
Got my paint at Kragen - I don't think the specific automaker-match paints come in the large cans. One small can should be plenty for a console however; just make sure they have another on the shelf so you can go back & get another if you need it!

Back