• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Center Lock Hubs for NSX

I've done a search of this site and a little internet searching, but does anyone have more information on center lock hubs for the NSX? I'm guessing cost will be around $3k for a complete set of hubs, plus more for wheels obviously.

It looks like Racer-21 had some that were obtained from Realtime Racing awhile ago.

Thanks!
Dave

Last edited:
I've done a search of this site and a little internet searching, but does anyone have more information on center lock hubs for the NSX? I'm guessing cost will be around $3k for a complete set of hubs, plus more for wheels obviously.

It looks like Racer-21 had some that were obtained from Realtime Racing awhile ago.

Thanks!
Dave

Hi Dave,

Right on. Just money.

I've looked at it. If you are preserving your inner hub and arms... then sure just replace the outter hubs, rotor hats, and wheels.

Off the top of my head from the last I looked into it... $500+ per hub, $250 per hat, $70 per nut. Shipping, machining... all quickly adds up. $3000-$3500 ball park. BBS or Fikse Center Lock Road Race wheels, a lot.. $5000-$6000 plus tires. Basically another $10,000 project.

But you know... 11 second tire changes at the 25hrs of thunderhill in a cup car... priceless... :biggrin:

Any questions on technicals, drop a PM (Riley vs. other styles, RH vs LH threads, drive-pins, etc...).

When you are ready to check-out... I'm sure TitaniumDave can get the ball rolling for you. :smile:

Cheers,

John

I know a guy who has some centre lock wheels & Hubs for sale. PM me & I'll pass on your email. I don't think he checks in on prime very often.

I don't want to give out his email without his permisson.

Anyone know the difference in weight between stock and ceneterlock hubs?

If they're anything like others (except maybe F1) they're WAY heavier. Unsprung weight is a bad thing.

Thanks in advance.:rolleyes:

I'm getting centre locks made up from scratch.

Just sorting some Dymags to go with it, just weighing up whether to stick to magnesium or try the CF wheels. Heard bad things about the CF wheel strength so far.

I'm getting centre locks made up from scratch.

Just sorting some Dymags to go with it, just weighing up whether to stick to magnesium or try the CF wheels. Heard bad things about the CF wheel strength so far.
What design are you using? Will you replace the stock hubs or make adapters to carry the spindles?

I have an inquiry about a set of hub adapters, I am thinking about aluminum brake rotor hats that carry the drive pins for the wheels, and the cro-moly spindle is pressed in from the hub side. They will bolt onto the stock hub and act as spacers to get the wheel offset correct for the car. These will go on a wide body.

If there are enough folks who want the same part, price could come down to $1000 per wheel with drive pins, studs and nuts. Current plan is to work around 328 x 28 & 328 x 32 floating Brembo rotors.

It will from scratch, with different hubs, wishbones etc.

Does anyone know about the Real Time NSX as i'm hoping that could give some insight and save a lot of time potentially?

Realtime used as many stock parts as possible so they could get spares. Stock suspension arms and knuckles were key to they project so they could stay on the track.

I would guess they used a bolt on adapter which used the stock hubs and 5 stud holes. Why re-invent the wheel???

Wayne, PM me with what you have...might be able to sell your set. Would get my guy on the road quicker...

I know it's an old thread,
but I have a brand new set of the Realtime Center lock/single lug hubs. They were not adapters. There were 4 sets made. I have the complete set w/ wheel speed sensor nuts, 5 ea left and right wheel nuts (red and blue anodized) front and rear rotors, new 6 piston AP front calipers and new 4 piston AP rear calipers, I have 3 BBS wheels, mag centre and alum halves. I think they are 18", I'd have to check.. (1 front and 1 rear, both new (So the 3rd wheel is used and has a race tyre on it) and an additional brand new mag center (could be used as a front or a rear) Most of the jet nuts/hardware etc. I even have prototype caliper mounts with air ducting CNC'd...
I don't expect to use any of it. So PM me if there is any interest. I sold my NSX a few years back. Not a fire sale tho.. As much of it will work in many applications. I do have the GT2 hub blueprints BTW...
I'm rarely on prime anymore.. so PM me @ [email protected] only if you are serious. I have pics I can send or take for you if need.

Back