• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Changes by Year

zanardi not available in 1997 as an option
passenger inside power lock switch deleted from 2004-2005 models
gauge cluster changed color to blue (from black) in 2004 / 2005 models
new shift knob for 2004-2005 models
1997-1999 used same 6 speed transmission, 2000-2003 used different 6 speed, then honda revered to 1997 -1999 part number for 2004/05
zanardi used different grey finish on center console / doors and this finish was changed to a different grey somewhere between 02 and 03 through 2005
1997 and newer used thinner but stronger (higher grade) aluminum on body panels

gauge cluster changed color to blue (from black) in 2004 / 2005 models

zanardi used different grey finish on center console / doors and this finish was changed to a different grey somewhere between 02 and 03 through 2005

Zanardi Edition has a "Titanium" color center console and Gauge Clutster Bezel to match the Titanium shift knob.
2002 and 2003 had "Aluminum" color center console with matching Gauge Clutster Bezel.
2004 and 2005 retained the Alumnium color center Console, but changed the Bezel to Black.

1991 to 2001 uses black dials on the gauge clutster
2002 to 2005 uses dark Blue dials on the gauge cluster.

Gauge Clutster was changed multiple times. Early NA1 has a seperate "Premium Unleaded" emblem in the Speeddometer. 95 to 2001 has the letter printed instead of emblem.

Early NA1's Cruise control set button on the left side, and 1995 and up has it on the right side.

DOHC VTEC emblem was removed after 1994 from the center console

Early NA1 has a extra fan on the right side of the engine bay by the side air intake.

I though that with the T-tops, they also softened the supension? This isn't listed in the changes by year (if in fact they did). Was it '95 or '97 that they changed the suspension specs?

Early 91's free from seatbelt failure range stronger clutch master cylinder with longevity versus later 91's. Rumored extra shot paint versus NA2(not confirmed).

Targa sun-visor smaller than Coupe, Dome light moved to rear, extra compartment for targa/roof in engine bay.

Last edited:
Was looking over the 2005 changes, and had a few comments:

* Manual transmission/synchro change [to be confirmed]

Has this been confirmed?

* CD changer now MP3 compatible [2004 change?]

This was a 2004 change, and it was factory installed, as opposed to dealer installed.

* Factory alarm now gives audible *beep* when activated via key FOB (second time button depressed)

This was a 2004 change, and in addition to the beep, it also flashes the parking lights on both lock and unlock. The keyless entry is factory installed as opposed to dealer installed.

* "NSX" emblem on door handle color changed to silver [to be confirmed - 2002 change?]

Only the 1999 Zanardi Edition had the silver "NSX" door handle emblems.

* White stitching used on interior dash [to be confirmed - 2002 or 2004 change?]

I think this was a 2004 change.

Only the 1999 Zanardi Edition had the silver "NSX" door handle emblems.

You sure? I thought that was for JDM Type S only.

And the white stitching, my 2003 has it.

You sure? I thought that was for JDM Type S only.

And the white stitching, my 2003 has it.

Yep, I've ordered the silver NSX door handle emblems from Acura before. The Zanardi was basically a watered down Type-S, as I'm sure you know, so they carried that over.

White stitching, I guess it was a 2002 addition then.

Gauge Clutster was changed multiple times. Early NA1 has a seperate "Premium Unleaded" emblem in the Speeddometer. 95 to 2001 has the letter printed instead of emblem.

Early NA1 gauge cluster markings use a slightly different font than the later year gauge clusters.

Back