• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

Changing to 02 Rear Valence Question

Hello all,

I am looking to change my rear valence to a 02+. The Acura dealer I contacted does not know if there are any specific parts I need to make this work other than the Valence itself. They are also not sure if it bolts on to the same areas as the old one. If anyone has done a 02 conversion, please advise. Thank You.

Will

Parts bolt up but you need the bracket kit which is seperate from just the valence.My dealer was able to figure it out,plus use the search feature here on prime ,there are some threads with nice schematics of the parts.Some folks with duel outlet exhaust like tubi have had fitment problems due to the width of the tips.

I have the 02+ rear valence and AFAIK, it was just a bolt on thing. It mounts on exactly the same points as the older one.
However, if you have an aftermarket exhaust, especially one with four exits or very larges ones, you might want to check if it will fit.

Other than the valance itself, you will need the rear bumper stay (71555-SL0-010) which is a V-shaped bracket that mounts in the center of the valance. You can't reuse that one that attaches to the pre-02 valance because it is a little shorter.

Other than the valance itself, you will need the rear bumper stay (71555-SL0-010) which is a V-shaped bracket that mounts in the center of the valance. You can't reuse that one that attaches to the pre-02 valance because it is a little shorter.

You can reuse the original bracket, but you will need a spacer to make it even. I used a 3/4" spacer (I think). See image.

Attachments

• valance bracket.jpg
    valance bracket.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 285
Wow, I need to check mine. I put it on with no problems

I havent had time to check but here is when I put it on

rearnsx007.jpg

rearnsx010.jpg

I will check soon.

I see what you are saying. I checked and it is uneven. Will get the spacer

BACKD033.jpg

In the center, it raises up

BACKD034.jpg

With a spacer in the middle

I got new lights and valance panel. The passenger was the last part I put on and it was scratched from the factory so I had to get another one.

I am planning on swapping out the rear valence, are these the OEM parts that are needed?

71555-SL0-010 STAY, RR. BUMPER CENTER (LOWER)
71511-SL0-000ZZ SKIRT, RR. BUMPER

Are there any misc clips or small parts that will be needed?

I think you can reuse the old clips and bolts. You need to remove the rear bumper first.
I am planning on swapping out the rear valence, are these the OEM parts that are needed?

71555-SL0-010 STAY, RR. BUMPER CENTER (LOWER)
71511-SL0-000ZZ SKIRT, RR. BUMPER

Are there any misc clips or small parts that will be needed?

Guys, I tried searching but I cannot find. I got my panel painted and on but the bottom piece seems flimsy on the sides. There is a hole there. Is there an extra brace I have to get

fb064c8c.jpg

Last edited:
Yes I have a brace in the area you are pointing to.

Back