• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Check this magic trick out OMG!!!

Great party trick for picking up chicks... as illustrated by this video! :D

That's easy... just like "there is no spoon", there is no coin... there is no salt shaker. :p

I could be wrong(and probably am !!) but when he asks the girl to check the salt and pepper shakers,watch his left hand after tapping the shaker on the table.It looks as if he is dragging something onto the centre of the table.

comquat1 said:
So how did he get the other coin under the glass, it doesn't appear that the hand under the table moves at all once it's set.

He had two coins.

xsn said:
He had two coins.

I understand that, but where in the video do you see his bottom hand move to produce the coin on the bottom? His fingers don't even appear to move if he had one coin between his fingers I don't think.

comquat1 said:
I understand that, but where in the video do you see his bottom hand move to produce the coin on the bottom? His fingers don't even appear to move if he had one coin between his fingers I don't think.

I would guess it was in his oversized watch band and he flicks it out into his hand when he flicks his wrist.

People these are optical illusions. The whole thing was a set up as all magiccal shows are. But how he pulled it off was cool.

I think is liquid glass. :biggrin:

NsXMas said:
If the audience is really in on it then it makes the whole thing worthless.

Heck, might as well do a "Star Trek" beaming type of thing and beam himself to Mars!

I am working under the assumption that the audience is not in on it. But if the audience is in on it, then it's really really super lame.

You make it sound like there is true magical power in this world like a two year old believing in Santa Claus.
The guy is a good magician ,not a god.

I found this link which explains the tricks. Pasted below are the explanations.

The coin trick is pretty easy (you can actually see the dummy coin at one stage!). Notice that he doesn't lift is left hand off the table or move it very far until around ~32-33 seconds in, at which point he moves it over the top of the original coin in a sweeping motion (you can hear a scraping noise which is the sound of him sweeping the original coin out of the way).

What he does is have two coins under his left hand, one on either side of the glass, with one being a magnet and the other metal, so that when he moves the top one, the one below the glass moves to. All he has to do then is make the switch, and then remove the top coin so the one below is now visible, and so appears to have passed through the glass.

At around ~24-26 seconds in you can actually see the dummy coins which he switches in at ~33 seconds in between his fingers on the table.

For the salt shaker:

This one was a bit more subtle, and my explanation only works if the girls in the room with him were in on the trick (which is often what tv magicians do, to make you more likely to buy the trick).

First thing, the salt and pepper shakers are clearly plants. He pretends to look around for a while, but you can tell he was always going for the shakers when he eventually does pick them. Also notice that the shaker is relatively narrow.

Notice that his sleeves are rolled up until ~1:59, at which point his left sleeve is magically down around his wrist again. Somewhere between then and 2:20 he puts another shaker up his sleeve, probably in some sort of brace.

What he does is pretend to put his hand through the table, but what he actually does is just bend his fingers under his hand. Then using another magnet, he takes control of the shaker.

At this point he has control of the shaker, so then he uses a trick of perspective to make it seem like it is rising up. All he does is change it's angle relative to the table and drag it towards himself, and cover up the end we can see with his hand to make it seem like it is passing through the table.

All he does next is continue to hide the shaker with his left hand, while he pulls out the dummy shaker which is hidden in his sleeve and hand (which is actually a clear rubber or flexible shaker, with a glass bottom). Once he has the shaker under the table sufficiently hidden between the camera and his arm ( note how he swings his arm around at ~3:38 to cover the original shaker), he pulls out the rest of the rubber shaker in one motion while dropping the real shaker in such a way that from the cameras perspective you can't see it fall.

The real clincher is when at the very end he drops the dummy shaker: it lands with the sharp noise you'd expect from dropping glass on glass, but wobbles slightly as it comes to rest ;)

He also has a cool burger trick.

The secret is the crowd is in on the illusion and there is someone or something behind the sign that pushes the burger out. Many ways it could have been done and if he was alone on a stage you probably wouldn't have bought it. But since he's on the street and there is an impromptu audience, it looks real.

Getting back to the coin trick, keep an eye on that ring on his finger. I believe it's just a plain metal ring that is attracted to magnets. Notice how he first positions the hand over the magnetic coin where the ring is not touching the coin. Then notice he lifts his hand, places the ring carefuly directly over the magnetic coin. Once that is done, he carefully lifts the ring finger up making sure the coin stuck to the ring. Then watch 3 of his fingers curl up to point to the coin and you can tell he's hiding the magnetic coin where he then takes it over to his knee. Camera moves out of view, he gets rid of the coin.

Back