• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Chemical Guys GB - 2 Options to make your car shine like never before!

This group buy is for the awesome car detailing products from Chemical Guys. I have put together two packages for you two choose from, the main difference between the two being the product used in the final step. The packages are setup to be a step-by-step process to bring out the best shine for your paint. The first step is to polish the car using the Scratch and Swirl Remover, then follow that up with the Final Polish to smooth everything out. The second step, EZ Creme Glaze, will really bring out the depth and shine of your paint. The final step is the difference between the packages; Package #1 comes with the Jetseal 109 to give unmatched protection and lasting shine, whereas Package #2 comes with the Butter Wet Wax which gives a great wet look and is perfect for all colours. Both packages will also come with two microfiber towels.

There two optional Add-On packs. Add-On Pack #1 gives you 5 more microfiber towels and a waffle weave drying towel. Add-On Pack #2 gives you the Chemical Guys 16oz Concentrated Citrus Wash & Gloss and a wash mitt.

Pricing
Package #1 - $95 shipped

Package1.jpg

http://www.dabears2k.com/product_info.php?cPath=46&products_id=193

Package #2 - $75 shipped

Package2.jpg

http://www.dabears2k.com/product_info.php?cPath=46&products_id=194

Add-On Pack #1 - $25
Add-On Pack #2 - $10
BOTH Add-Ons - $33

This GB requires 10 people buy in (either package) before it can go through. Once the initial 10 orders are placed, the kits will be shipped out in batches of 5. This GB is being run on 5 forums, so hopefully it shouldn't take long to get to the required 10. The Group Buy will run until September 30th, 11:59 PM PST.

To order, go to our webstore:
http://www.dabears2k.com/index.php?cPath=46

All prices listed for the packages are INCLUDING SHIPPING, but only to the CONTINENTAL US. If you live in Alaska, Hawaii, or Canada your shipping will be calculated by our system.

Re: Chemical Guys GB - 2 Options to make your car shine like never before!!

Chemical Guys makes some of the best detailing products you can buy. It's nice to see a GB on their products. If I didn't have so many of their products already, I'd be a part of this.

But I'm not sure how useful this combination is. I think the most popular combo is the Jetseal 109 and 5050 wax. Their quick detailers are awesome as well as the VRT dressing products. CG Citrus wash rocks.

I'm surprised the NSX crowd hasn't caught onto this stuff yet. I have a graveyard with Zaino, Zymol, Meguairs, etc now.

This is definitely some of the best stuff out there. IMO, it outperforms Zaino and Zymol at a fraction of the price...

I'm thinking about getting some of this stuff. Just waiting for more personal testimonies about this product. I've never heard of this product. I have used so many different professional waxes, and I really don't see much difference (except Zaino)

Last edited:

I'm thinking about getting some of this stuff. Just waiting for more personal testimonies about this product. I've never heard of this product. I have used so many different professional waxes, and I really don't see much difference (except Zaino)

Google them. They are huge in the detailing world.

Here are a few links of some detailing reports.

Audi A8
GMC Sierra
White BMW 535

can it be used on clear bra's??? if so waht are the results???

linky no work ^_^
but i have a black one would you recommend the 2nd package? my zaino is totally out now and i'd like to try this

What do the Chemical Brothers supporters think is the advantage over Zaino? Please don't start another wax civil war.

Rod

What do the Chemical Brothers supporters think is the advantage over Zaino? Please don't start another wax civil war.

Rod

Haha, just noticed you called them the Chemical Brothers, they actually make music, Chemical Guys make detailing products. Zaino never gave me the depth of shine I get with CG Jetseal and 5050. The process is longer and more difficult. The durability is good, but the shine just didn't match up to other waxes. 5050 is incredible, it goes on like butter and comes off easy. Great durability and excellent shine. It is as good as the best of the best waxes, ie. Zymol concours, but 1/3rd the price. I use the CG leather conditioner as well, it smells like leather, is easy to apply and really works well. For detailer, I have both the pink (speedwipe) and the purple synthetic quick detailer. I really like both, the purple is anti-static and you pick up less road dust after you use it. I compared it directly to Mothers (cinnamon) and the synthetic detailer is super slick in comparison, the microfiber towel really just glides across. The pink gives a better shine, most people will like the pink one better and it smells like bubble gum. :) All of their products are great, not necessarily the very best of breed but definitely near the top. That's why most detailers use at least one of their products.

I'd recommend you guys read autopia.org to get an idea what the pros are using. It seems most of the primers are stuck on the Porter Cable 7424, Zymol, Zaino, Meguairs, and some of the older school products. There's a lot of good new stuff out there, you just gotta try it. :) I just made the switch because I was very dissatisfied with the Zaino products and so I tried a few different products and I haven't looked back.

What I'd recommend to get an idea of what the CG products are like is to wash, clay, then put on 2 coats of Jetseal and a coat of 5050. If you are in SoCal, take a trip out to Inglewood to talk to the owner Paul if he's not too busy.

so is this group buy happening?? :(
i'll be the first on the list i guess

i'll take package 2 for the 'wet' look

1.350ztoronto

so is this group buy happening?? :(
i'll be the first on the list i guess

i'll take package 2 for the 'wet' look

1.350ztoronto

This is a multi-forum GB, and with the other forums, we have reached enough people to start shipping, so if you go onto Dabears2k.com and order, it will ship next business day.

Matt

Excuse me Bradley for writing Chemical Brothers not Chemical Guys:biggrin:. I'm glad I got the right gender.

Is the Jetseal the same as the Zaino polymers in that you can put on multiple layers and get many years of protection. How many layers have you put on? I had put on about ten coats of Zaino on my 92 and really had no need to reapply for 3-4 years. What has been your experience?

Rod

Excuse me Bradley for writing Chemical Brothers not Chemical Guys:biggrin:. I'm glad I got the right gender.

Is the Jetseal the same as the Zaino polymers in that you can put on multiple layers and get many years of protection. How many layers have you put on? I had put on about ten coats of Zaino on my 92 and really had no need to reapply for 3-4 years. What has been your experience?

Rod

Here is a description of Jetseal. The point of the 2 coats is not to build layers but to ensure coverage. Some people use it as their LSP (last step product) because it leaves a nice shine. But to get that extra deep shine you can add a layer of CG 5050 wax or the wax of your preference. It's a protection product that offers better protection than your standard wash and wax job. Think of it as protection against the most powerful bird poo and other droppings. Jetseal I believe most people do it about once or twice a year. 2 coats of Jetseal, one coat of 5050 and it's a fantastic shine. After that, you just need to wash and periodically add another coat of 5050, not to build layers, but to keep it from wearing down. 5050 is so easy to apply that you won't mind doing it, if you are like me you actually enjoy doing it. The paint on my M3 has yet to build up any contaminants since the last clay job a several months ago, it's totally smooth to the touch. You can go longer without waxing if you use the right quick detailers, too.

My experience with Zaino has been that it does last long, not years long, several months long with little use on my car. I have a black car and no matter now many layers I put, I could not get the really deep shine. It looked better on other colors but black is where it really failed and I didn't like mixing that flash cure and putting on so many layers. There was a point of diminishing returns. So I stripped all the wax one day and I tried Meguiars NXT 1.0 which looked better with just one coat. You know the drill, it wore off faster than any other wax I've ever used. Then I bought 2.0 which does last longer but still not that long. NXT is an easier process, harder to remove though.

Now I'm all CG including the quick detailers. I buy it in the gallon sizes and it actually works out to be cheaper and better than what you can buy in the stores. Gallon sizes are the best deal ever..... Rod, you in in SoCal, take a drive up to Whittier one day and go to Wax Workz, the other CG distributor in SoCal, you can find it on their webpage. There is a guy named Juan or Jose, I forget, and he will talk your ear off but he knows his stuff and has a detail shop in the back.

These products, you get such good results from them that it makes cleaning your car exciting again.

so is gallon size an option for either option?

75$ shipped to US only =(
could you work out a deal for us Canadian guys?

Last edited:

75$ shipped to US only =(
could you work out a deal for us Canadian guys?

Not really. USPS KILLS us because its done by weight. This package weighs in at over 8lbs because of all the liquids.

No friends just south of the border that it can be shipped to?

We got a new shipment of 50/50 concourse wax in. I know that a lot of the Lambo/Ferrari owners swear by the Jetseal 109 and 50/50 combo. If you are interested, we can do that as well.

Matt

Dabears2k.com Shop Car FULL detail.

Yesterday, a full detail was performed on the Dabears2k.com shop car. Using only the items included in the Chemical Guys group buy package 1 with add-on pack 2 (http://www.dabears2k.com/product_info.php?cPath=46&products_id=193), a full detail was performed using the following steps:

Step 1: Citrus Wash (2oz to 2 gallon dillution). The citrus wash strips ALL products off the car, preparing it for a complete detail. This is powerful stuff and a quick run of the finger over the paint confirmed that it was wax/sealant free. Using 2 bucket method, 2 weeks worth of dust and bugs was removed from the car.

Step 2: Scratch and Swirl Removal. Pretty straight forward. Using a yellow CCS cutting pad on the UDM, scratch and swirl was applied and worked until it broke down. Remember, the scratch and swirl is used sparingly, too much and it won't break down/work effectively. Use the UDM/Porter Cable at full speed for this working approximately 1-2"/second. After this step is done, there will be a bit of dust and haloing. It will be taken care of with the post wash.

Step 3: Final Polish. Same process as the Scratch and Swirl. This time using a white pad. Again, not too much or it will never break down for you.

Step 4: Post wash. You need to perform this step to remove all of the polishing dust and oils. This time the citrus wash was dilluted to 1oz for 2 gallons. Still enough to remove all the oils and dust. After this step, make sure to let the car FULLY FULLY FULLY dry. The last thing you want is water running down a panel during/after the waxing/sealing process.

Now, this is the first picture that I took of the car in process. This picture is of the car with ABSOLUTELY ZERO PRODUCT on it. No wax, no polish, no nothing. This was taken immediately after drying the car after the step 4 post wash. Completely unedited picture.

September21006.jpg

and another

September21007.jpg

90% of a car's shine is in the prep work and only about 10% in the polish and wax.

So, now,

Step 5: Glaze. Glaze is not a polish or a wax. It does no cleaning. What it does is make your paint look "wet." Apply the glaze by hand and don't use the circular wax-on, wax-off motion. Its applied all in one direction, up and down. Let it sit for a few minutes and remove.

Step 6: Jet Seal 109. Again, the jetseal is applied in a single-direction motion by hand. Jet seal takes about 15 minutes to dry, so I tend to apply it to the entire car and by the time I'm done, its ready to move on to removal. Jet Seal is a sealant. Much like a wax, but instead of natural carnuba it is synthetic. The downside of sealant is that its not quite as "Deep" or "Wet" as a carnuba, but the upside is that it lasts a lot longer.

Step 7: Jet Seal 109 part 2. Let the previous coat of jetseal cure for at least 20 min. Go eat some dinner or something, then come back and add coat 2. The second coat give it the SUPER slick feel.

Step 8: Sit and Stare. You're done. Enjoy. With the process that you have completed, use a good quality quick detailer and a non-detergent based soap for maintenance washes and your shine will last for MONTHS and MONTHS.

September21011.jpg

September21022.jpg

September21025.jpg

September21035.jpg

September21049.jpg

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=111029

hey again, if i were to order 2 packages would the shipping increase? i found a friend who would jump in this offer with me to split the shipping so it would make it worth while.

thanks

hey again, if i were to order 2 packages would the shipping increase? i found a friend who would jump in this offer with me to split the shipping so it would make it worth while.

thanks

Shipping is calculated by weight, but it doesn't double. So, a 1lb package might be $20 but a 10lb package might be $30. Its all calculated by the system.

Matt

Back