• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Chicago 7/18 - post-brunch event

Wanted to see if folks might be interested in an event AFTER the brunch in Northbrook -- see this thread for more info on the brunch.

Some possibilities include:
- Volo Auto Museum (Volo IL) -- closes at 5 pm
** special feature: Mopar Display - Pre-1975 Plymouth, Dodge, and Chryslers
- Lake Forest Antique Auto Show (Lake Forest IL) -- ends at 3 pm :(
- country drive (location TBD)
- others ??

Please post any interest, and any suggestions on possible events.

##############

Note that the brunch at Allgauer's might be quite filling, and this might impact our choice of follow-on activities (e.g., a scotch and cigar might be just the thing too :) )

EDIT: added TIME info above.

Last edited:
nsx1164 said:
a scotch and cigar
puke.gif

slap.gif

nono.gif

I would say Lake forest would be better as its quite a bit closer to Northbrook, but that would entail eating earlier as well maybe leave brunch no later than 1 pm ? . Volo closes later but the special event stops at 3pm. last ticket sold at 4:30 pm .

looks like its brunch @ 10 AM

ASENNA88 said:
I would say Lake forest would be better as its quite a bit closer to Northbrook, but that would entail eating earlier as well maybe leave brunch no later than 1 pm ?
Looks like, per the latest messages, we will be SEATED at around 10 AM at Allgauer's.

Which means we can head out for the Lake Forest show (possibly) afterwards.

nsx1164 said:
...Note that the brunch at Allgauer's might be quite filling, and this might impact our choice of follow-on activities (e.g., a scotch and cigar might be just the thing too :) )

EDIT: added TIME info above.

SCOTCH!! I love scotch. Scotchy, scotch, scotch!! LOL!! :D

HAHAHA!! Only those that have seen the movie 'Anchorman' will get that. ;)

LOL @ Meeyatch1 :D

Sounds fine Manuel we can talk at brunch about what to do after :) .

ended up at VOLO

A few of us ended up driving up to Volo Auto Museum to check out the exhibits.
- Darrin (Accord coupe Senna edition)
- Manuel (silver 93)
- Ryan (silver 93)
- Bob (red 92)

A LOT of fun... unfortunately I left my camera at home :(

Senna edition LOL I love it, think it will help on resale :D . Hey this is my 25th post WOOO HOOO I only have like 20,000 more to catch up with Ken. :D .

Re: ended up at VOLO

nsx1164 said:
A LOT of fun... unfortunately I left my camera at home :(

I'll post some pics tonight, in this thread and of the pics I took at the brunch.

Back