• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Chicago crowd Organizing a drive w/ the Elise crowd

Re: Chicago Drive Aug. 2th starting 6PM

updated the 2nd Drive... There are just too many obstacles.

Please be prompt when going to the meeting spots...Streets or Meijer. We will leave promptly

my Cell is 224.659.6765 in case someone wants to get in touch w/ me.

See everybody in a few hrs.

Brian

Hey guys, my name is AJ, I'm the kid that was snapping pictures of your car last night in the parking garage. I just wanted to tell you guys that all of your cars are beautiful, and thanks a lot for letting me take some shots of them. Anyways, I promised you guys pictures, so I'll keep my word. I made a thread in the pictures forum, here's a link to it:

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?p=863804#post863804

P.S.- You guys left just in time, a squad car ended up rolling through the garage and kicking us out about 20 minutes after you left. haha

Last night was a blast!

Big thanks to Val for putting this all together. And remembering the "secret" photo location. I've got to say, Val, your car sure has the high-pitched F1 sound everyone is trying to get. In Lower Wacker, that thing was rippin'!

Thanks also to the JGTCA for providing the Elgin route. Pretty fun stuff.

ill roller - thanks for posting up the pics! Those turned out great. Too bad police showed up. Seems like the minute more than 4 import cars get together they shut it down.

At least nobody got stabbed...:biggrin:

I agree with Frank, I had tons of fun last night! Everyone was super friendly, and it was really cool to hang out with the Subie/S2000/Miata guys at the "secret" location. Man that place is a diamond in the rough, although I feel the powers that be will close that down for us too. Thanks for the great photos, it was pleasure to meet you guys!

Re: Chicago drive Aug. 25th

I think our drive @ lower Wacker was just a blast:biggrin:

Lets do it again another night. I probably won't be able to get out no later than 9pm with the kids to take care of. :wink:

I'll post pics in a while. have to download from the camera.

Frank, who would have guessed... Cantrell Headers + RS-R dual tip = F1 sound. I head it w/ windows opened, but its hard to tell from front. the exhaust is much louder than original install of the headers. I think the extra heat might have burned off the internal stuffings in those?:smile:

Sean. Your car just POPS in that picture.

I think it would be much cooler if we kept it NSX drives to these. The large crowds just makes it less fun when we're driving. We should create our own meeting place maybe?:tongue:

Sorry Guys... I was really planning on meeting up with you at Meijer but was way to enthralled with Starved Rock on Saturday. They had closed the trails because of massive flooding... So I went in anyways.... No people, no one at all!!

But here are pics I did take just to share!

DSC_0130.jpg

DSC_0032.jpg

I have to catch the next one!! I hate missing these!

We have to do a downtown drive every month Sat was a blast.

Brian

Heya Folks :)

I'm glad I finally got a working account on here :) This is Ty, I'm glad you all came out to play on Saturday. Thank you!

Here are some pictures from other NOTFWD.com members of your beautiful cars :)
p1010110nm3.jpg

p1010129zs9.jpg

p1010136st4.jpg

p1010156co4.jpg

p1010158yq0.jpg

p1010159jr8.jpg

p1010181qd0.jpg

Next time I advise you to stick around and drive a little later, the route we were on is much more entertaining when our staff aren't playing referees and everyone is still "sorting" themselves out. You guys are always welcome to come on out, so long as you don't mind a 100% NSX mix, you will find a 100% NOTFWD mix though, so our theme is already based upon "no grocery getters playing at sportscar" :)

Here's an idea of what it's like at the proper pace (note the video has been edited down to only about 5mins :):
http://youtube.com/watch?v=TOpm5tXueR0

PS: Sorry to hear you guys got busted at our photographic location. This is why we're soo quiet with where we meet, drive, and photograph. I'll post up some of the pics I got of Val's car at the location pre-spoilage (we actually found that location and others "leaked" it leading to it's eventual pwning by the Police as you guys found out)

We have to do a downtown drive every month Sat was a blast.

Brian

Hopefully we will. It was a blast. Downtown is a happening place.:smile:

Are there any Nsx meet or a Nsx and Elise meet coming up between the Sept. 4th -11th? I own a Nsx and an Lotus Exige S (in both communities).

This will be my first visit to Chicago and I would like to meet some of the local Nsx owners and to hang out with all of you. :wink:

Please keep me posted.

Thanks in advance everyone!

-Andy

Back