• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

CIvic Type R

It has a lot going on as it is extremely over styled. The interior is a plus though in my mind. But being over the age 30 or even 25, I wouldn't want to be seen in this car. I'd rather just buy a regular civic and slap a turbo kit on it.

from those who had them at xpo they drive really well....I likes the seats much better than the focus rs..

Neither the Integra nor NSX Type-R needed a bunch of ridiculous overstyling to get the point across, and look at what they've become: Legends.
I wonder why Honda lost the plot on this one. (Years of getting called out for being a shadow of its former self or losing its way, and Honda takes a huge leap....to build a Fast and the Furious rice rocket)

judging by the dealer markups the F&F style works.....plus on the road the car looks like any of the past iterations of the wrx sti...just put together better.

Those vortex thingies. WTF? The car can barely reach a speed to really use them anyways. It is a four cylinder car! Then add the faux vents in the rear and the front and now you are the king of auto zone parking lots.:biggrin:

from those who had them at xpo they drive really well....I likes the seats much better than the focus rs..
How did the front wheel drive transmission handle the torque of the turbo?

I didn't drive it just sat in it.....but talking to those that did, honda engineered a nifty front suspension design, that reduces torque steer...and it works.

I spotted two on this day when I went out for a drive in the NSX.

I personally think this car looks gorgeous and the reviews on Youtube have been praising this car for outstanding performance for the price.

3CTCSZS.jpg

aKbV5tu.jpg

Posting a picture of it next to an nsx isn't helping.... :cool:

I didn't drive it just sat in it.....but talking to those that did, honda engineered a nifty front suspension design, that reduces torque steer...and it works.
I had heard that. But why not just ditch the r&d bullshit and make it a rwd or awd? Seems silly to me. Nobody wants a front wheel drive 4 cylinder car anymore. Not even college kids....

I have had one for the weekend and it's a mighty little car, interior is a bit rubbish and plastic but it works except the info system, the white one doesn't look that bad in person the red one yeah it looks stupid.
It goes and sticks like glue we took it through some twisty bumpy back roads and were impressed a lot, could do with an aftermarket exhaust just a bit and slightly wider offsets to fill the fenders out

This is quite a good informative video. It's everything technical you wanted to know about the CTR in 18mins. He also explains in detail the front suspension geometry (7:42) to cancel out Torque Steer - elegant solution and KUDOS to Honda for that one.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/yc_-DIxdn0A" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I'd like a CTR in a Focus RS body. Hell... i'll even settle for a VW GTi body. The first thing i'd change is to put 18" wheels and meatier tires on the CTR.

Note: The car has an overheating problem under moderate to heavy track use in warm conditions. Honda is aware...

I'd consider getting a used one if I had to get rid of my current Mazdaspeed3. White looks good... The body styling is off-putting though. Then again if they are going after the STI crowd then I guess they are just following suit.

It would be a fun DD although one could argue you could just get an SI and slap a turbo onto it.

can u get another nsx (clean title for that amount that is not a 1995?)

Yeah. Actually you can get them cheaper if the mileage is high if u don't care much for it. One guy on here I think a couple years ago daily drove his NSX. 400,000 miles and it's still running good last I heard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for all of the feedback. I think I'm just going through one of those phases. Now I'm on to thinking about the new Camero ZL1. Hopefully my fever will break and I'll be back to simply enjoying my NSX.

I was able to go for a ride in one a few days ago and was very impressed.

Honda nailed the suspension. The powertrain seemed capable. I liked the interior, and the white exterior looks pretty good in person.

I think they could have improved the exhaust a bit. It seemed like it had a constant dull drone at all engine speeds.

I have had one for the weekend and it's a mighty little car, interior is a bit rubbish and plastic but it works except the info system, the white one doesn't look that bad in person the red one yeah it looks stupid.
It goes and sticks like glue we took it through some twisty bumpy back roads and were impressed a lot, could do with an aftermarket exhaust just a bit and slightly wider offsets to fill the fenders out

Did you experience torque-steer when you floored it in R-mode? I couldn't get on with the over-light steering & clutch, as well as the lack of shove and lag before the turbo kicked in. Gear knob felt plastic and too light, and was slightly too far away for me. Apart from that it was ok - just felt like an airport hire car that could go a bit quicker than most...

Back