• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Classifieds

I totally agree. It would be very easy to search for what you may be looking for if the topic header named what the item was, if interested simply click and learn more (price, ect.) in the text field.

I agree. You can also have a similar layout like "thepartstrader" where they have:

-engine and performance
-wheels and suspension
-cars for sale
-stock parts for sale
-misc.
-wanted

we need something that's easier to navigate through. Thanks

------------------
Richard

My main concern with doing that is making it more difficult for people to place ads. They would have to register as a member for the message forums, and if they wanted to include a picture they'd have to find hosting for it, etc. I think many of the people who use the Marketplace now would be intimidated by that.

Originally posted by Lud:
My main concern with doing that is making it more difficult for people to place ads. They would have to register as a member for the message forums, and if they wanted to include a picture they'd have to find hosting for it, etc. I think many of the people who use the Marketplace now would be intimidated by that.

Lud-that is an interesting perspective, however I'm not sure I agree. Your registration process is simple. As for the pictures, that took me a while to figure out how to post, maybe that could be addressed with something in the FAQ about how to post with photopoint? Regarding sellers having to register, as a buyer I would be hesitant to purchase from someone not willing to go through your minimal registration process. I would be wondering "what is this person trying to hide".

[This message has been edited by '98 NSX-T (edited 16 October 2000).]

It is not that they have something to hide, it is that, based on my experience, many of them are very inexperienced when it comes to computers. Registering and posting a picture on PhotoPoint and linking to it are simply not something that a good number of them are likely to do. It may be simple to you and I but I am trying to keep it simple for everyone.

I also screen out a fair number of "junk" and commercial ads which I don't want appearing on the system.

Back