• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Clutch alignment tool. plastic vs metal

Anyone use both the plastic and metal type clutch alignment tools before? Is it worth $75 to buy the metal one from dali or should I save my money and use the plastic one that comes in the clutch kit. I have had some pretty sloppy plastic ones before and really want this thing lined up good, hence thinking about buying the tool. For reference, I think I am going with the RPS clutch, not even sure if they give you a tool with it.
thanks for any input.

I have used those plastic aligner tools that come with clutch kits and have had great success with them.

I believe the one from Dali is OEM so it should fit like a glove. I would prefer an OEM metal clutch aligner over a plastic one anyday.

the RPS clutch does not come with an alignment tool. At least that was in my case.

If you get a RPS clutch. I recommend you make sure you got a NSX clutch disk even though the pressure plate and flywheel are correct. And the clutch disk is not for some other car say a MR2 !!!!!!

Ok, how about the ring gear holder? I think on b16's I had a piece of angle iron I modified to bolt on and hold it. Not sure if I want to do that on the nsx. Anyone know where to get one other than the dealer?

Ok, how about the ring gear holder? I think on b16's I had a piece of angle iron I modified to bolt on and hold it. Not sure if I want to do that on the nsx. Anyone know where to get one other than the dealer?

I did not use a ring gear holder. I used an impact gun to remove the flywheel bolts. When I torqued the flywheel bolts down. I attached a socket and breaker bar on the crank pulley bolt and secured it so the crank couldn't move.

Back