• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Clutch Fluid....

now that my NSX is only on the road 1 or 2 days a week, I check the fluids more carefully. Last night, before a little drive, I checked my fluids and the clutch fluid was almost dry. I looked under the car and there was no fluid anywhere. I filed it up again so I'll have to wait and see if it happens again.

Is there any way to determine why the fluid is getting low.

TIA

There are only two places for it to go: the master cylinder and the slave cylinder. My guess would be the former. If it continues to leak significantly I would change the MC, else I would not worry about it too much.

Clutch fluid loss as well mine in shop.

I experienced the same problem with my NSX this year 91 w/ 27K miles.

Took out of storage drove about 400 miles resevour was almost empty couldn't shift car very well. Added fluid, didn't move for a haeweek or so, drove it another 400 miles had to keep addeding a little bit each time.

Took to dealership, verified that my Slave and master cylinders were gone so they are replacing both this week in the shop.

estimated $640 repair..... Seems high, but it needs to be done or you will end up like I almost did with the NSX stuck in a gear and being 400 miles away from home...

Best of luck, Eric
[email protected]

Back