• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Clutch issues. :(

Stage 4 clutch master issues. Before I begin I want to let you know my clutch worked well for a few years always grabbed at the very last inch of my clutch pedal. It was annoying that it grabbed at the very end but it worked.
One morning i had no pressure on my clutch pedal so we replaced my master, clutch cyl, and installed a sos clutch damper release. NSX felt good grabbed all the gears awesome. The SOS damper really smoothed the engagement out.
A week later I had an awesome race with a older models 60 Chevy. Had no issues with the clutch
Later in the week when I did a quick shift my clutch wouldn't engage fast enough and my motor would rev up like the clutch was slipping! Once it engaged I could run up to 8k rpm without a slip. When I would "granny" shift and totally let off the clutch let it engage and then slams the gas it would grab fine all the way up to 8k.
Decided to remove the SOS clutch damper back to stock. now the clutch slips when even when cruising
95 NSX BBSC SC
Thanks!

Hi. First thing I would check is if I have play in between the pedal and the master cylinder. A lot of people don't like how the nsx pedal sits slightly higher than the brake and they adjust it to be even, this puts pressure on the master which ends up in a slip when hot.

You know how I know, because I made this mistake myself when converting a auto to manual and thought, hmm I wonder if I can get the pedals lined up better, nope!

Good luck

Back