• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Clutch problem!!!

I have the Comptech Powergripp II clutch. I've had it for about 2 months, recently I have been having a HARD time getting it into 1st gear and reverse. When I rev the engine up, and put it in 1st and it's easier but still hard. If I start pumping the clutch it also gets easier. Also when I press the clutch it I can hear a "squeak" in the BACK. Has one or both these components gone bad due to the higher pressure? I only have about 3K miles on the clutch/flywheel. No race events.

Lud has hit it on the head I think. I'd try to bleed the clutch system first. It sometimes takes a while to do this. The air is a real pain to remove from the clutch lines.
The squeak your hearing is probably the release fork. You can lube it up with some high temp ureah grease and more than likely it will stop.
Barn Man...

If the clutch bleed doesn't work, and your clutch master cylinder isn't leaking, and you continue to get the squeak from the tranny area...my guess is the throw out bearing is on the fritz.

My Powergrip 2 is squeeking from the back. I think this is normal.

I am also having a problem where after heavy duty usage of the clutch (ie. track events) the clutch pedal gets very 'ragedy'. Comptech things it is because the installer did not use enough lube or the right kind (Honda Hi-temp Urea grease). My car happens to be in the Bay Area, so I will have Comptech look at it next week.

-- Chris

------------------
Chris Willson
www.ScienceofSpeed.com
www.NSXClassifieds.com

Noticed something weird today!! I was racing a Vette, and got upto about 150, slowed down and my clutch was SOFT!! It engaged in every gear, SMOOTH! I will try bleeding the clutch again tomm.. what do you guys think?

Originally posted by Runutzzzzz:
.. what do you guys think?

first thing that comes to my mind is did you win?
biggrin.gif
what model vette?

------------------
Justin
'98 NSX-T Blk/Blk
· Comptech headers / exhaust / airbox
· Dali Racing / Brembo big brake kit
· Koni adjustable suspension w/Comptech springs and sway bars
· Volk TE-37 17/18” wheels

If you do bleed the clutch, it would be a good idea to order a Speedbleeder.

Brent Cobb describes the procedure well here: www.nsxsc.com

Click on Forum. You will see Brent's section on the next page. Click on his link, and look for the Clutch Fluid Bleed DIY.

-- C

------------------
Chris Willson
www.ScienceofSpeed.com
www.NSXClassifieds.com

Back