• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

coffee meet this Friday?

Anyone interested in a Meet at Automall in Fremont on FRIDAY night April 22?

The weather is supposed to be dry, though maybe a bit chilly.

OK, here's the 411...

So this invite is for anyone in the area South Bay/East Bay/North Bay/Peninsula with time and interest in meeting up this Friday night and is interested in joining us. Also please feel free to come in your Daily Driver if you don't happen to have your NSX available to drive Friday night. We welcome all enthusiasts as well, as you don't have to own an NSX to come out and hang for a while! There's an out-of-towner who may want to come out and meet some of the locals.

NEW LOCATION FOR PARKING (well, not really new as we used to park here before): Meet and park in the lot just in front of Ohana Hawaiian BBQ. We used to park here and it was nice to have the cars out front to get some foot traffic from folks passing by.

MEETING TIME:

7:30-8:00PM ish for those that want to eat
8:00-8:30PM ish all others can show up or better yet; whenever if you just want to hang out. We will probably be around there til 10:30PM ish

LOCATION: Automall in Fremont. There is a Ohana Hawaiian BBQ, Five Brothers Burgers and Fries, Premier Pizza, PF Changs (address listed below) and other stores around this area for those of you who will eat.

FYI, in case you want to eat there here are some options.

Places to EAT:

Ohana Hawaiian Barbecue
43566 Christy St, Fremont
(510) 226-8119
Closes at 10pm
Price = Cheap

Five Guys Burgers and Fries
43518 Christy St
Fremont, CA 94538
(510) 353-1331
Closes at 10pm
Price = Cheap

Premier Pizza
43514 Christy St, Fremont
(510) 252-0900
Closes at 10pm
Price = reasonably moderate, lots of seating I believe

Market Broiler
43406 Christy St, Fremont
(510) 791-8675
Closes at 10:30pm
Price = moderate to pricey

PF Chang's
43316 Christy St
Fremont, CA 94536
(510) 657-1400
Price = a bit more pricey

Places to get DRINKS:

Jamba Juice
43570 Christy St, Fremont, CA 94538
(510) 979-1480

Starbucks
5605 Automall Pkwy (down the block but walkable)
Fremont, CA 94538
(510) 657-7249

After, after, ... there are 2 options:

Caravan Drive for coffee/Pearl Tea Drinks (leave around 10:30pm)

Option #1 - If anyone knows if the S2K guys are meeting this Friday night, then we can caravan to Milpitas if you guys want.

If we go to Milpitas we will be somewhere in the parking lot near this:
99 Ranch Market
338 Barber Ln, Milpitas, CA 95035

Option #2 - We can take a drive over to the coffee joint in the Irvington area, but not sure if they will have the parking lot lights on this time around or not. There is a BIG parking lot, so plenty of space.

If we go to Bay Street Coffee:
Bay Street Coffee Company
4000 Bay St # A, Fremont, CA
closes at 12am

HOPE to see ya ALL there!!!

J

PS: I won't be able to make it until maybe 9:30/10:00, if at all. I"m posting this for the benefit of our out of town Prime'r who's going back home on Sunday but he has his car with him while he's here!

Is this meet sanctioned by The Wolf?

I think I can be in but I would prefer an earlier time if anyone else wants to eat a little earlier.

Is this meet sanctioned by The Wolf?

I think I can be in but I would prefer an earlier time if anyone else wants to eat a little earlier.

Wolf schmulf... last time he came in his Prius! :eek: But yeah, I'm gonna give him a call in case he hasn't been on Prime lately. I mean, it's just not a meet without the wolf!

J

roger, what time do you want to meet up? I'll bring my 47.9 mpg Prius :biggrin:

1) big money
2) young jedi
3) the wolf

Thanks J,

I think this will work. I'm in Campbell all day on Fri. Helping my son move, so I can stop by on my way back to the City. Let me confirm with my son that he will be done with me by the end of the day. Perhaps I can get there earlier.

James, not trying to steal your meet location but if you guys want to change up the venue, I am more than happy to open up my shop location near the Bay101 /SJC Airport if you guys want to hang out....

rick

James, not trying to steal your meet location but if you guys want to change up the venue, I am more than happy to open up my shop location near the Bay101 /SJC Airport if you guys want to hang out....

rick

Thanks for offering, Rick. I'd suggest we make that change except that I was already very late in posting the meet and now it's only a couple of days until the meet and I want to avoid as much confusion as possible.

I would, however, suggest that you pick a day/time when you'd like to have a meet at your shop and post it up. I've never been, and I know not everybody has and I think it would be a great place to meet and hang out. I look forward to seeing a meeting post from you soon! If there's places to sit and talk for a large-ish group, perhaps we can even plan a chapter meet there.

J

I'm new to Prime. Just picked up my NA1 last Friday. Would love to meet fellow owners. If you don't mind a newbie showing up, I'll try to make it. Probably 8:30ish since I'm in Peninsula and want to avoid rush hour traffic.

I'm new to Prime. Just picked up my NA1 last Friday. Would love to meet fellow owners. If you don't mind a newbie showing up, I'll try to make it. Probably 8:30ish since I'm in Peninsula and want to avoid rush hour traffic.

MidnightSun, it'll be great to meet a new owner.

(All the regulars, please bring all of you hazing gear) :tongue:

Just kidding... see you there!

J

Thanks for offering, Rick. I'd suggest we make that change except that I was already very late in posting the meet and now it's only a couple of days until the meet and I want to avoid as much confusion as possible.

I would, however, suggest that you pick a day/time when you'd like to have a meet at your shop and post it up. I've never been, and I know not everybody has and I think it would be a great place to meet and hang out. I look forward to seeing a meeting post from you soon! If there's places to sit and talk for a large-ish group, perhaps we can even plan a chapter meet there.

J

No problemo :)

rick

roger, what time do you want to meet up? I'll bring my 47.9 mpg Prius :biggrin:

1) big money
2) young jedi
3) the wolf

Well I was thinking 6:30~ 7ish. I'm going to kill some time after work by heading over to Rick's shop to discuss LED stuff.

5 guys again for dinner?

BTW - your embarrassing us by showing up in that Prius. BUT...if you allow me to attempt some drift maneuvers in it I could forgive you.

Mike doesn't think his Prius is embarrassing... but then look at how he dresses :biggrin:

He even has a shirt that says something like "chicks dig priuses" or prius's... or is it prii? Oh, I know the answer: "who cares?" :tongue:

J

I will see if I can make it.

All

I really aologize, but a family matter just came that conflicts with the meet that you have set up for my benefit.

Again I apologize.

Mario

Last edited:
All

I really aologize, but a family matter just came that conflicts with the meet that you have set up for my benefit.

Again I apologize.

Mario

No worries, Mario. Family first, always. Let us know when you're in town again and we'll try to hook up.

so is the meet off now?

I'll still be going.

I wish I had saw this meet earlier, I made plans last week. Hmmm.... But any chance sometime next Friday 29th, would work too?

-J

I encourage frequent meets but can't make it to all of them. Whenever I'm in the mood for a meet I just post it up here. Edub does the same. Jeremiah (and everyone else), whenever you feel like meeting up, post it! Not all meets get traction but you'll be surprised how often they do.

J

Hey, just saw this and would be interested in coming out if you guys are still hanging out around 8ish.

I don't have a nsx yet...but hopefully will sometime in the near future :biggrin:

Man, I am SO sorry I didn't make it out to the meet I set up. I had a meeting beforehand that I thought would end in time for me to get there late but I just got home from it now. I hope everyone who showed up had a good time

J

Man, I am SO sorry I didn't make it out to the meet I set up. I had a meeting beforehand that I thought would end in time for me to get there late but I just got home from it now. I hope everyone who showed up had a good time

J

we had a good time talking shit about the people that didnt show up.............

Aww cmon man. Mario seems like a nice guy! :tongue:

J

I knew I was going catch he'll for canceling at the last minute LOL. I also got an earfull when I tried to stop my family from changing dinner plans from Sat to Fri. Lol I'm getting it from both ends.

Again I apologize. Phong will vouch for me that I'm not a flake (I hope don't owe him any money). Have a great weekend guys.

Mario

Back