• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Colors that were missed ...

This came up recently at a discussion with other NSX owners, probably after a few too many drinks. It started with the question:

"If you had to professionally repaint your car but it couldn't be in the original color, what color would you choose?"

The debate quickly added a constraint that it couldn't be in any color that the NSX ever came in, so looking for that lost color that Acura never provided but that owners would have wanted. My choice was a deep red, approaching black.

If you could have bought a first generation NSX brand new in any color, what would it have been?

attachment.php

^^^^^^ This!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    157.8 KB · Views: 381
I think you had great choice among the offered colors from the factory back then. The mouse grey color above makes an Gen 1 look like a grey mouse and a lot of todays 'extraordinary' colors esp. all matt colors don't justify the car and are dated somewhere in the near future. The classic colors survive any time.

Pearl white. Technically neither of the whites available were metallic AFAIK.

There was an autocrosser on the Gulf Coast a few years ago that had a very similar color on an Audi TT with a vanity tag reading "PAINTME".

Thats the Nardo Grey right?
I'm not sure. All I know is I think it would be perfect on the early Nsx which was molded after an F16. I like it.

- - - Updated - - -

After a quick search, yes it is Nardo grey. To me, it is simple, clean, and low key. Not bright, loud, and screaming for the attention of law enforcement.:cool:

I would go with Electron Blue Pearl. It is close to the Long Beach Blue but I think it had a slightly darker blue with red hues. It could almost look purple in certain lighting conditions.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Prelude b.jpg
    Prelude b.jpg
    247.9 KB · Views: 326
I would love to have this color on my X, a two tone Blu Tour De France Metallic.
attachment.php

Attachments

• blue.jpg
    blue.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 172
I'd paint mine Opulent Blue Metallic, just like my CTS-V wagon. I love blue, and that blue is a shifting color depending on light levels, from black to purple to popping out loud bright blue. It's a crazy blue and I love it.

80-picture_php_pictureid_57495_a0d9650300e19b8328e3baf3ebfea1f04b698c54.jpg

Pearl white. Technically neither of the whites available were metallic AFAIK.

I had the chance to sit in an NH609P Platinum White Pearl Type S when I picked up my 1990. Hard to capture, but it was a gorgeous color. Very pearlescent.

11295727_10103114265928005_5953300654754778695_n.jpg

11141151_10103114265942975_6371210170441398027_n.jpg

Last edited:
Yes! That's it! I didn't even know it was available anywhere. Nice. Thanks for posting pics.

Kinda looks Nardo white... ;-)

Yes! That's it! I didn't even know it was available anywhere. Nice. Thanks for posting pics.

My mistake! I just went back to check my photos and noticed I snapped a pic of the door jamb for the color code. It's actually NH609P, Platinum White Pearl. Editing the post!

Back