• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Comparing 360 w/ NSX :)

NsXMas said:
Hello wanttobe - I still don't think a SC NSX can compare to a 360. A 355, maybe, but not the 360 - not the same league.
I don't agree. I drive a CTSC NSX in the European NSX Trophy. Last year a semi raceprepped 360 (not a SC) competed in the race at Mas du Clos (France). And I can tell you, he couldn't keep up with me. Cornering and acceleration out of the corners was where I beat him. On the straight it was even. We were all footed with slicks.

On track even with my OEM NSX I was faster than an OEM 360 on several occasions

well i guess the best way to settle this is with a track day. when the next one comes i will bring both cars. My wife can drive the nsx (dont laugh, she's pretty fast)i'll bring the ferrari and we can see. i'ts all good with me i have both so i don't care who wins!.

vince

vdavie said:
well i guess the best way to settle this is with a track day. when the next one comes i will bring both cars. My wife can drive the nsx (dont laugh, she's pretty fast)i'll bring the ferrari and we can see. i'ts all good with me i have both so i don't care who wins!.

vince

You have a 360 and 355?

I keep 2 in my garage and the rest in a warehouse i lease ( need the write-off for my company) I am going there this weekend so i will take some pic's of my cars and post them on monday.

vince

Gerard van Santen said:
I don't agree. I drive a CTSC NSX in the European NSX Trophy. Last year a semi raceprepped 360 (not a SC) competed in the race at Mas du Clos (France). And I can tell you, he couldn't keep up with me. Cornering and acceleration out of the corners was where I beat him. On the straight it was even. We were all footed with slicks.

On track even with my OEM NSX I was faster than an OEM 360 on several occasions

the comparison is useless if the drivers are at different levels.

THonda said:
agree 100% nothing sounds like a ferrari espeically a 355 w/ straight pipes and tubi.

Amen bother! The 355 is deeper and meaner sounding than the 360. With Tubi and test pipes it can't be touched.

Back on topic, I have an opportunity to drive an '01 360 F1 in a couple of weeks, weather permitting. I'll do a write-up if it happens.

kgb_agent said:
Amen bother! The 355 is deeper and meaner sounding than the 360. With Tubi and test pipes it can't be touched.

Back on topic, I have an opportunity to drive an '01 360 F1 in a couple of weeks, weather permitting. I'll do a write-up if it happens.

F1 in the Ferrari is WEAKKKK :D

This thread is very informative. Especially since the F355 Spider, and 360 Spider are two potential NSX replacements; also looking at the Porsche TT & MBZ sl600. However, for those who think the 360 is that far out of range, take a look at this thread on Ferrarichat.

http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=40960

or this,

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=84156&item=4508404678&rd=1

I've been following the pricing of these cars for about 4 months now, and it seems that within the next 6 months the older 360's will be in the double digits...or so I hope.

vdavie said:
It always kills me when i hear guys who don't own ferrari's to talk about build quality ect.. I have a 355 f1 and a NSX and the ferrari is heads above the NSX. build quality? look at the interior of the two, the ferrari is much nicer. The nsx is a great car, but not an equal to the ferrari. P.S the f1 system is an excellent system.

vince
Why do YOU need to OWN a car to talk or know about build quality? Any car enthusiast with reasonable intelligence and experience with cars should be able to LOOK and FEEL how the car is built. People who review cars on Road and Track probably own some beaters but these people give valid opinions on a wide range of cars. If you read what they write, you would have been "killed" many times over if it is indeed how you feel. If you really need to OWN a car to tell its build quality, I question your intelligence and perceptive ability. Again, your best defense has been "Do you or have you owned a Ferrari to argue with me?" which does not hold any water. Look at your own post about how you came up with the conclusion of the GT3 better than the GT2. Do you or have you owned any of them? You can continue to insist that the interior build quality of the F355 is superior to the NSX but your argument is just so weak. There are many people here who have great admirations for Ferrari and I am one of them. But to tell them that they don't qualify to comment on the 355's build quality because they don't own one, is just simply pompous.
Steve

Last edited:
vdavie said:
I have a 355 f1 and a NSX and the ferrari is heads above the NSX. build quality? look at the interior of the two, the ferrari is much nicer.
Love is blind... :rolleyes:

To make such statements you would have to totally overlook the glaring inadequacies and inherent design flaws which Ferrari calls "character"!

Don't get me wrong, the Ferrari is a lovely motor vehicle, but don't try and pretend that the cars are something they are not. If every Ferrari was as you describe, the NSX would never have had a market.

I think in order to argue which car has a better "build quality" you first have to agree what exactly that means. I think the guy arguing that the 355 has a better build quality means that the materials used are of higher grade quality, such as using leather instead of vinyl, etc. If that is the case then I have to agree with him. The 355 definately has higher grade materials used to construct the car. I think the guy arguing that the NSX has a higher build quality is saying that the car is better built and therefore more reliable -- not necessarily built with better materials, but assembled with more precision. And I would have to agree with that as well.

I love my NSX, but when my lease is up I'm going to heavily consider getting a late model ('98 or '99) 355. I'm probably the least loyal car fan when it comes to brands or models. I get tired of what I have after a couple of years and desire something different -- just my nature. So I'll be looking into something different next year. Perhaps a 355, maybe a Viper, maybe a new C6 Vette......who knows....

I have a good relationship with a Ferrari Bodyshop nearby. The first time I brought my NSX to the shop, the owner said he had slept with the service manual under his pillow for a whole week. He was impressed with the exceptional good built of the car. The aluminum used for the NSX was of a far better quality than used for the Ferrari 360. The body paint of a Ferrari was with much less layers than that of the NSX. The distributor in Holland often brought him a new Ferrari to repaint the car. The Yellow ones were the worst. After a year in the sun a big difference in colour was noticed compared to a new ones.
If body parts has to be changed, the new parts almost never fits (doors, fenders, bumpers) and has te be made fit.

This is the opinion of a licensed Ferrari Bodyshop owner who does all the work for the Dutch Ferrari distributor and is te only one who is licensed to work on the aluminum Ferraris.

Attachments

• FerrariBodyshop1.JPG
    FerrariBodyshop1.JPG
    75.2 KB · Views: 206
  • nsxferrari2.jpg
    nsxferrari2.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 155
Last edited:
WhiteNSXs, getting a bit personal aren't we? no need to call names. If you read what i have said, not once did i bash anbody or call the stupid or weak. This is the problem with some owners of some brands, they think there car is the best..well its not. Eric was correct in what i said, the materials in the Ferrari is much higher quality than the NSX..period. As far as the paint, well my 355 is Yellow and i have no problems at all. Look at the resale on these cars, i have read where some had said the 360 will go down in value when the 430 is out, however, to get a 430 you will have to wait a long, long time unless you are pretty well connected, and we will just have to wait and see. They are not making a new NSX for a reason, people will not pay that kind of money for the car anymore, to many "better" cars for the money. Like i have said, i own both and really like both but they are not equal IMO.

V

vdavie said:
Like i have said, i own both and really like both but they are not equal IMO.

V

What year is your NSX and any mods? The reason I ask is if you are comparing a 91-96 NSX to a 355, I would say the 355 is easily a faster car. If you are comparing a 97+, they are pretty close.

Back