• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

New NSX leaving the truck

Hello all,

Just received my NSX yesterday! Had it delivered form New York to Northern Virginia...road coming to my house couldn't support the truck so took delivery where the delivery truck stopped.

Coming from a 2015 Corvette Stingray and a 2019 Corvette Z06.

Thought about waiting for the new 2021/2022 Corvette Z06.

So initial differences between 2019 Z06 and 2020 NSX...

1. Z06 simply cannot put the power to the ground until about 50mph whereas NSX is able to transfer everything to the road via AWD.
2. Ride quality is no comparison - NSX feels like a luxury car. Track setting in NSX is equal to Touring in Z06 regarding comfort. Love NSX in Sport+ and Track.
3. I like the steering better in the NSX. Z06 is either to loose in Tour and too tight in Sport or Track.
4. Handling - I've taken my Z06 to the track and it was excellent with handling (when not overheating which was often). But on the street the NSX is far better, more controllable and certainly predictable. Z06 is a dangerous car...too much on the pedal and you can easily end up in a ditch.
5. Power - NSX better under 60mph, tied after 60mph. NSX is never violent. Z06 is.
6, Transmission - NSX is excellent. Z06 was terrible.
7. Sounds - Z06 was incredible. Obviously I knew getting in to the NSX this would be weak.
8. Price -- Both purchased new. Z06 I paid 80K. NSX I paid 135K (30K discount). So perhaps the comparison isn't fair.

Attachments

• IMG_3C70C530FD25-1.jpg
    IMG_3C70C530FD25-1.jpg
    143.9 KB · Views: 504
First glance, I saw Bumblebee. : )

Enjoy the car on these mostly empty roads.

Hello all, Just received my NSX yesterday! Had it delivered form New York to Northern Virginia...road coming to my house couldn't support the truck so took delivery where the delivery truck stopped.Coming from a 2015 Corvette Stingray and a 2019 Corvette Z06.Thought about waiting for the new 2021/2022 Corvette Z06.So initial differences between 2019 Z06 and 2020 NSX...1. Z06 simply cannot put the power to the ground until about 50mph whereas NSX is able to transfer everything to the road via AWD.2. Ride quality is no comparison - NSX feels like a luxury car. Track setting in NSX is equal to Touring in Z06 regarding comfort. Love NSX in Sport+ and Track.3. I like the steering better in the NSX. Z06 is either to loose in Tour and too tight in Sport or Track.4. Handling - I've taken my Z06 to the track and it was excellent with handling (when not overheating which was often). But on the street the NSX is far better, more controllable and certainly predictable. Z06 is a dangerous car...too much on the pedal and you can easily end up in a ditch. 5. Power - NSX better under 60mph, tied after 60mph. NSX is never violent. Z06 is.6, Transmission - NSX is excellent. Z06 was terrible.7. Sounds - Z06 was incredible. Obviously I knew getting in to the NSX this would be weak. 8. Price -- Both purchased new. Z06 I paid 80K. NSX I paid 135K (30K discount). So perhaps the comparison isn't fair.
And all of this from taking your car off the truck and driving home.... I think it is a winner for sure. Enjoy!

Hello all,

Just received my NSX yesterday! Had it delivered form New York to Northern Virginia...road coming to my house couldn't support the truck so took delivery where the delivery truck stopped.

Coming from a 2015 Corvette Stingray and a 2019 Corvette Z06.

Thought about waiting for the new 2021/2022 Corvette Z06.

So initial differences between 2019 Z06 and 2020 NSX...

1. Z06 simply cannot put the power to the ground until about 50mph whereas NSX is able to transfer everything to the road via AWD.
2. Ride quality is no comparison - NSX feels like a luxury car. Track setting in NSX is equal to Touring in Z06 regarding comfort. Love NSX in Sport+ and Track.
3. I like the steering better in the NSX. Z06 is either to loose in Tour and too tight in Sport or Track.
4. Handling - I've taken my Z06 to the track and it was excellent with handling (when not overheating which was often). But on the street the NSX is far better, more controllable and certainly predictable. Z06 is a dangerous car...too much on the pedal and you can easily end up in a ditch.
5. Power - NSX better under 60mph, tied after 60mph. NSX is never violent. Z06 is.
6, Transmission - NSX is excellent. Z06 was terrible.
7. Sounds - Z06 was incredible. Obviously I knew getting in to the NSX this would be weak.
8. Price -- Both purchased new. Z06 I paid 80K. NSX I paid 135K (30K discount). So perhaps the comparison isn't fair.

Congrats!! And thanks for the comparison facts.

A quick question... were those 30k off including the 20k Acura financing?

Thank you kind sir.....

Smashing summary so far! CONGRATS to you :biggrin: Welcome aboard for many miles and smiles.

The sound category can be fixed very easy. Call Chris at Science of Speed and immediately order downpipes and exhaust. You will love the sound with no drone and factory fitment.

Blaine

The sound category can be fixed very easy. Call Chris at Science of Speed and immediately order downpipes and exhaust. You will love the sound with no drone and factory fitment.

Blaine

As long as you are ok with having warranty toilet paper

As long as you are ok with having warranty toilet paper

I have had zero issues with warranty problems since purchase. The only mod they might get you on is the JB4 tune. These motors are bomb proof according to Acura.

Blaine

I have had zero issues with warranty problems since purchase. The only mod they might get you on is the JB4 tune. These motors are bomb proof according to Acura.Blaine
I agree, given that the SOS downpipes do in fact have larger cats and avoid throwing a fault leads me to believe that in most instances they (Acura) will not rush to judgement and void the warranty. The problem needs to be directly related to the modification and cause and effect scenario. Obviously if you fail the emissions test, Acura will not replace the SOS downpipes with OEMs for sure. But if you have a failure unrelated to the exhaust then I would think Acura will be supportive. The JB4 is changing what the sensors see or process. That is a more difficult issue. If you blow a piston because of running too lean then I would guess that Acura would not cover the repair assuming you show up with the JB4 connected. I sued Infinity in Court over their voiding my engine warranty as I had an air intake, computer chip, and cat back exhaust. I lost during arbitration but won in Court. They replaced my engine in my 90 Q45a which I had purchased new. The piston crown fractured and damaged the cylinder.

OK lets cut this up and have some morality discussion

"assuming you show up with the JB4 connected"

So this assumes the engine fails and whoever is involved is too much of a pussy to own up to their mod, and go blame the manufacturer of the car, not who sold the mod (cuz we know who has the deeper pockets).

"I had an air intake, computer chip, and cat back exhaust."

So maybe in this case the manufacturer is at fault because you fuct with their engineering 3 ways and you feel good about yourself for fucting them in court.

NSXPich,

Didn't intend to hijack your thread. Love the color and you got a great deal. I thought your comparison was spot on.

As to the warranty issue so far no one has cracked the NSX electronic control unit. Amazing the JB4 only tricks the ecu within it's acceptable parameters to account for fuel, timing and minor boost. The other safeguards are the torque limitations of the DCT. In my AMG GTS if you get too aggressive on the tune the DCT will shut down. I'm told from SOS that the limiting factor at this point of tuning is the DCT torque limits. I was merely questioning whether there was a actual bona fide warranty claim that had been denied. Apparently not.
Jimmy aka sled driver

OK lets cut this up and have some morality discussion

"assuming you show up with the JB4 connected"

So this assumes the engine fails and whoever is involved is too much of a pussy to own up to their mod, and go blame the manufacturer of the car, not who sold the mod (cuz we know who has the deeper pockets).

"I had an air intake, computer chip, and cat back exhaust."

So maybe in this case the manufacturer is at fault because you fuct with their engineering 3 ways and you feel good about yourself for fucting them in court.

Well it's obvious that the aftermarket guys who make chips and tunes for a car have more engineering experience than the manufacturer. They probably invested millions in the R&D of their product like the auto maker. Hence, why not blame the the company who built the car.

The way that works is that the tuners have shallow pockets so when things go south their websites go dark - we went through that with the Gen 1 cars and they were primitive compared to the NC1.

OK lets cut this up and have some morality discussion"assuming you show up with the JB4 connected"So this assumes the engine fails and whoever is involved is too much of a pussy to own up to their mod, and go blame the manufacturer of the car, not who sold the mod (cuz we know who has the deeper pockets)."I had an air intake, computer chip, and cat back exhaust."So maybe in this case the manufacturer is at fault because you fuct with their engineering 3 ways and you feel good about yourself for fucting them in court.
One of the reasons I won my court case was that I was very prepared. I documented everything and had expert witnesses testify to the additions not being responsible for the piston failure. In addition I had purchased all these items from my Infinity Dealership. Infinity did not present any evidence as to why what I had done was the root cause. They just testified that they do not allow modifications. Some of the people racing with that particular engine claimed that the pistons were prone to failure and were a weak point in that V8 engine. Anyway as for our current cars, I don't see the downpipes as impacting the reliability of the engine. From what I have read the JB4 is not doing anything that places undue stress on the engine or internal components. I currently have the SOS downpipes and am happy with the sound. The performance aspect is not as important to me. So I would probably not purchase the JB4

NSX performance

While we're on a kick comparing NSX to other cars, I'm considering a GT4 and a NSX, and was surprised to see it was slower around a track than a Nissan GTR on a bunch of web videos from Japan...and slower than a GT4 also:

https://www.proracerstake.com

2016 GT4 matched the 2017 NSX: https://www.caranddriver.com/features/a15099365/porsche-cayman-gt4-at-lightning-lap-2016-feature/

Why do you think this is? Is the NSX just not as fast a performance car on the track, as it feels on the road?

From a drag race perspective, it seems as though the NSX has a much less aggressive launch setting than others. The GTR revs to over 4K and the Z06 also, but the NSX starts a 2K RPM. Wondering what would happen if you changed to Sport+ mode and self-launched at 4K RPM.

Acura states 2.7 Secs from 0-60 but have never seen anyone achieve under 3 and record.

From a handling perspective, my Z06 on the track requires a professional to get really good times. Anyone less than an an experienced track driver would do better with the NSX. On the street the handling in the NSX is way better than my 2019 Z06. Meaning I can take it much further with higher confidence.

The overall performance of the NSX seems almost exactly the same to the GTR (base) in every way.

sfnsx1
The handling is significantly better for the '19 & '20 NSX's due to the suspension improvements. Two seconds a lap faster at the Honda test track which has been widely reported. I have a friend with a GT4 and we've had many track and street duels and he's yet to best me and we're comparable drivers.

I was at a track day in March and had a Cayman GT4 in my run group. In a short 20 minute session there is no way he could hang with the NSX.
The NSX was faster through the high speed sweepers and on the straights. Cayman Gt4 is more of a momentum car due to its weight and was very good under braking and that's where he made up time. Tires make a huge difference in these comparisons. The GT4 are on MPSC 2's an R tires and the NSX on SportConti6's which are not as sticky. GT4 more track focused NSX more street.
It takes a different approach in driving an all wheel drive car with a slow in fast out technique. I wouldn't base any decisions on the old videos.

Jimmy aka sled driver

I guess I don't understand why the 2019 NSX is beat by the 2020 GT4 in the test above. What you say and what I feel when driving the two makes sense, but the numbers don't seem to add up.

The GT4 is a very track focused car driven by Andy Pilgrim a former porsche works driver. In the hands of a pro he's getting the most out of it. As a street car it's a very stiff ride but that's what needs to be done to get the track performance. In a effort to maximize the track ability a lot of comfort features are compromised like the racing buckets in the GT4 that work fantastic on the track but I've had the same seats in a race car not so good for a three hour drive.

The NSX was tested on a day where the temperature was 95 degrees F and humidity was over 90% which is a significant difference. Not making excuses. The high track temps really don't lend well to optimal times in either engine performance or tire grip. The GT4 was tested on a cool day.

If you plan on tracking your car over 10 times a year the GT4 would be a great selection. Or maybe better said if you want a track car with street capability buy a GT4 or if you want a great street car with track capability buy the NSX.

Jimmy aka sled driver

Back