• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Comptech 3.2 headers on a 3.0?

Does anyone know whether the different versions of the Comptech headers for 3.0 and 3.2 are different designs or the 3.0 application is the same as the 3.2 + extensions? If so, are these extensions still available? I can't seem to find info on the CT engineering website. Thanks,

I may have my segments wrong but there are 3 distinct header configurations and another 3 different configs of exhaust on the NSX. They don't line up in years either! 91-94, 95-99, 00-05 are the groupings for the header. See image below for the muffler. The headers themselves are interchangeable between all the years, but it's how you configure the cats on back that's the jigsaw puzzle.

Contact [MENTION=4260]ScienceofSpeed[/MENTION] to set you straight with the correct adapters.

This is the graphic showing the exhaust layouts post cats.
https://images.app.goo.gl/xBpvVyD6MdnQkkDn6

I can't seem to find the graphic I did showing the front bank header is shorter by about 10-20mm on 00+ headers which will affect downstream fitment of cats. The graphic is in my build thread somewhere

Last edited:
Does anyone know whether the different versions of the Comptech headers for 3.0 and 3.2 are different designs or the 3.0 application is the same as the 3.2 + extensions? If so, are these extensions still available? I can't seem to find info on the CT engineering website. Thanks,

As [MENTION=20915]RYU[/MENTION] mentioned, the Comptech headers have pretty much remained the same between the NA1 and NA2. The very early NA1 headers were fabricated by DC Sport and used metal accordion flex pipes. The only real design change was when the NA2 came out and CT ditched the flex pipes and moved to the articulating ball and socket joint design, similar to what Honda uses on the OEM manifolds. AFAIK, they did not change the layout or size of the primaries or the placement of the collector. The only difference NA1 to NA2 is the use of the adapter pipes on the NA1 setup.

As @RYU mentioned, the Comptech headers have pretty much remained the same between the NA1 and NA2. The very early NA1 headers were fabricated by DC Sport and used metal accordion flex pipes. The only real design change was when the NA2 came out and CT ditched the flex pipes and moved to the articulating ball and socket joint design, similar to what Honda uses on the OEM manifolds. AFAIK, they did not change the layout or size of the primaries or the placement of the collector. The only difference NA1 to NA2 is the use of the adapter pipes on the NA1 setup.

I'll add a minor point of distinction here. Again, the way Honda decided to configure the different exhaust layouts is a hot mess.. I believe this mid model year change was needed when they added the bigger cats for ULEV certification in 2000+. Basically in 2000+ models the front bank header is about 10-20mm shorter to accommodate a different style cat design. So effectively the long tube Comptech headers came in 3 styles. Let me find that picture... It's buried in my old Photobucket account.

EDIT: I found the pic from Dec 2012 but it's behind a photobucket paywall.

EDIT2: I won! I found a hack and recalled the photo
ACtC-3dSfCy5SSFP0YyMX5ufzGQ5YJXXNZ_5nHq8_DbpmZ6JbSEnG63-L67gNeadwqOvoJqSJDZP0Wd1zhrCuP0fIX4HeWBbrc0CMsCRe3Rh9d3_TIByJUpijLnezVAlO1xmyiYYrwhBDT7nSCMUxTYU3ss0Gw=w862-h587-no

Last edited:
Back